Window tint on Head lights/Tail lights ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 11:28 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Window tint on Head lights/Tail lights ?

I heard of some people putting window tint on the headlights and taillights. Would it look better to do that or buy blackouts ? if i buy blackouts is there a set of anybody knows of for the headlights and tail lights ?

Old 01-28-2008, 08:32 AM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: Window tint on Head lights/Tail lights ?

If you get stopped for a trafic infaction it is another reason for additional tickets -unauthorized tinting. Not a good choice on your part.

Old 01-29-2008, 12:01 PM
4th Gear Member

dude just get blackouts.

www.summitracing.com

Old 01-29-2008, 07:43 PM
3rd Gear Member

Probably not a good idea to get your tail lights/head lights tinted since the tint will be on the outside of the lens and be directly exposed to weather. Some people use Nightshade which is like a spray on tint for tail lights/head lights, but that too has the downfalls like the previous. Blackouts would be your best option since they are removable. Not matter what, it will block light. If you go with that it would be a good idea to take them off if you're going to be driving at night.

Old 01-30-2008, 10:50 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 98Z28ImportSlayer

I heard of some people putting window tint on the headlights and taillights. Would it look better to do that or buy blackouts ? if i buy blackouts is there a set of anybody knows of for the headlights and tail lights ?
your screen name is "importslayer", so what are you trying to do? slay the imports by "out-importing" them with cheap mods?[sm=badidea.gif]

Old 02-05-2008, 02:54 PM

haha that was good....ha ha

Old 12-15-2009, 02:53 PM

The best way to tint headlights or tail lights is to use a kit that is made of the same material that would be used for paint protection film. There are some online retailers that sell them and they are fairly inexpensive. Some are dyed to look darker. Window film is not weatherable, and painting the lens can be problematic especially if you ever want to remove the paint.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:52 PM

Get tail light covers, GT Styling sells a pair and they are great.
Have them on my 94 z, they snap on in seconds and you are ready to go.
Never take mine off at night, you can clearly see driving & brake lights through them.
You can find these on amazon for $50

Old 03-12-2012, 11:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Going with the Nightshade spray is by far the cheapest and i like the look to. You can choose how dark you want it by how many layers you apply. I have my tailights, side markers, and turn signals all tinted and have been pulled over 9 times in my car in illinois and havent received any tickets. One can at advanced will cost about 10 bucks and cover it all

Old 03-15-2012, 03:49 PM

Black outs are LAME here are some good links for black head lights with complimentary tail lights enjoy!

1998 Chevy Camaro Headlights | Halo Projector Headlights

98-02 Chevrolet Camaro Tail lights at Andy's Auto Sport

Quick Reply: Window tint on Head lights/Tail lights ?