neon glow string

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 11:25 PM
Default neon glow string

so i got my first car and i go off and get some green interior led lights or neons or whatever to put inside it..its a string type that lights up..but now i have 2 wires and idk where to put them..it says to find a 12 volt power source, but i dont know where to find that out...the internet said touse my headlight switch or something but i dont wanna break anything

what should i do?

Old 08-17-2007, 08:38 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: neon glow string

strip the wire and splice it in

Old 08-18-2007, 06:29 AM
June 2007 ROTM

wire it to the fuse box then to a toggle switch so u can turn it on and off at will.

Old 08-18-2007, 05:38 PM
March 2008 ROTM

ooooooor just dont put it in at all. just my opinion though, if thats what you like then go for it..

do like blade said, wire it into the fusebox, if you can, give it its own fuse. install a small hidden switch somewhere to keep it clean.

Old 08-19-2007, 11:35 PM
2nd Gear member

depending on what year you have....... there are a couple "Hidden" accesory wires in the passenger side of your console, on the right side of your console, right where the console meets the rug, their are 3-4 wires for accesory connections, gotta kinda fish for em but their marked , Gm...... gotta love em

Old 08-20-2007, 07:28 PM

i have a 94..what would make them stand out so i kno they are able to be used for the lighting?

Old 08-20-2007, 11:56 PM
2nd Gear member

To access the area where the wires are, you will need to remove the shifter opening cover plate. Set your parking brake or block your wheels. On the automatic, move the shift lever back so you can get to the front of the ****. You need to pry out the retainer (looks like a staple on steroids) with a small screwdriver. You can then slip the **** straight up and off. The **** is generally a little sticky and you may have to exert considerable upward pressure. It may come off without warning, so don't smack yourself in the face! Six speed owners can unscrew the **** and then remove the boot and cover plate. Pull up on the rear of the cover plate first and it will easily come off. You will find the wires on the right side of the console. I had to remove the mounting bolts for the console to locate the wires, since I did not know exactly where to find them (see exposed tag). I did not have to completely remove the console, though. With the information provided here, you may not have to deal with the console mounting at all. If you do, there are two bolts in the bottom, under the console hatch and one in the very front inside the tape holder. There is a small tag around the wires labeled "Accessory Plug, Reference Owner's Manual". To my surprise, there actually was mention of this in mine. The wires route in the harness from the front of the console rearward, tucked under the edge of the carpet. At the point of the tag, they loop back toward the front. It was a little difficult to fish the wires out because they were secured to the rest of the harness under tape and some kind of sticky white adhesive. If you can find the tag without loosening the console, you can use something to hook around the wire loop (something stiff like a wire coat hanger) and pull back carefully until the free end of the wires come out. View of the harness with the wires free and the console is in place.

Old 08-22-2007, 09:13 PM

alright that is helping out a lot more...i havent had time to look for them yet, but after i find them whats the best way to finish installing my neon?

Old 08-25-2007, 05:19 PM
Overdrive Member

3M double-sided foam tape, or with velcro.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:33 AM

bro u have to wire it to something that goes to the battery..
or just get the same color wire and make it longer so u can snake it through the car and to the battery..
then connect it and it should light up..

Quick Reply: neon glow string