Made a Stupid Mistake Tonight :( Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 04:25 PM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by DSteinyZ28
You could go to a auto salvage yard and get one for a tenth of the price, I found three or four perfect ones here in Ohio over the two yards I go to. Junk yard prices ftw
I thought so too. One by me had 3-4 4th gens with good dashes. As soon as I went to pry them off the velcro, snap. Every one of them, no matter how gentle I was, they all just broke apart. : /

Old 06-06-2012, 05:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Check your local junkyard, you could probably get it for like $30

Old 06-06-2012, 06:45 PM
2nd Gear member

So if all else fails and I cant get one..... I was thinking maybe I could fiber glass this one back together on the underside, then cover (WRAP it tightly with 3M spray adhesive). The problem I think would be finding a leather or vynal that wouldnt fade from the sun.

Any ideas???

Old 06-07-2012, 12:19 AM

I did that and put black automotive carpet on in I like that it helps to not reflect the sun so much but it does get kinda grabby with anything flying around. If you do cover it though remember that you have a defrost vent that cant be covered. mine kept busting apart every time I would touch it so I found a nice black grill and cut it to size to fit.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:04 AM
Banned

Nice, let's see pics when you get it

Old 06-07-2012, 07:36 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by cpl_villanueva
I did that and put black automotive carpet on in I like that it helps to not reflect the sun so much but it does get kinda grabby with anything flying around. If you do cover it though remember that you have a defrost vent that cant be covered. mine kept busting apart every time I would touch it so I found a nice black grill and cut it to size to fit.
I had considered the defrost grill and thought a leather or vynal might be able to be manipulated easier into the spaces a little easier than a carpet material... Might have to remove every other grill to get it to work.

Old 06-10-2012, 03:23 PM
In the Staging Lanes

check out hawks 3rd gen, i got mine from there. i dont know how much shipping would be to you but these are oem gm parts, they stocked up on a butt load of these before gm discontinued them. heres a link Panel, Camaro or Firebird 93-2002 Upper Dash Panel (Select Application)

Old 06-10-2012, 03:50 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by dlaidoutranger
check out hawks 3rd gen, i got mine from there. i dont know how much shipping would be to you but these are oem gm parts, they stocked up on a butt load of these before gm discontinued them. heres a link Panel, Camaro or Firebird 93-2002 Upper Dash Panel (Select Application)

Thank you, however thats about $60. more than the GM ones on Ebay. Its about $275. shipped for the ones on Ebay..... Better, but still a damn rip off for a piece of injection molded plastic!!

Old 06-11-2012, 09:38 AM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2Z's
Thank you, however thats about $60. more than the GM ones on Ebay. Its about $275. shipped for the ones on Ebay..... Better, but still a damn rip off for a piece of injection molded plastic!!
Do you have a link for the one you found on ebay? I can only find "caps" (which go over top of existing dash panels), not actual replacement dash panels. Mine is missing the panel completely.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:44 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Do you have a link for the one you found on ebay? I can only find "caps" (which go over top of existing dash panels), not actual replacement dash panels. Mine is missing the panel completely.
Heres one with the GM part number. The caps are like $120. + shippimg
93-96 Camaro Z28 RS SS Dash Pad Cover GM OEM NEW | eBay

Quick Reply: Made a Stupid Mistake Tonight :( Help!