Light issue!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 12:36 PM
1st Gear Member
Exclamation Light issue!

At night when I turn my headlights on te right turning signal indicator stay on but the turning single is not.... When I activate my turning signal for the left side it seems to blink very slowly and the right side dosent seem to work at all, now when i apply the hazard they work perfectly...... Also my high beems dont come on but the switch is perfectly normal, I understand this alot to ask for in one thread but i figured i would cover all my issue at one time in this area, any suggestions are welcome!

Old 04-14-2013, 10:04 AM
2nd Gear member

First thing first, check and make sure that all the bulbs are good. You can run lead wires to all the headlights from the battery to test that they work properly. With the rear, just take the lenses out and the bulbs from the lenses and make sure every single bulb appears to work, whether the reverse comes on with a flasher or not, just so long as it comes on. There is probably one or two bulbs out which is causing 1 PART of this problem. While checking, you might take notice to if the wires are ok, or frayed anywhere.
Also, the little plastic piece behind the lever to lower or raise the steering wheel, that just pops off. All the wires behind it go to the indicator lever. Make sure all the wires and clips appear to be as they should in there.
Now Ive never come across the problem personally, but those are just a few basic things that come to mind to check out and could potentially help.
As for more in depth of an answer, craby or camaro69 should come by this eventually and should be more of a help.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:20 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

If the turn signals don't act up this way when the headlights are off, then you probably have a bad ground with your headlights, and they are finding it through the other lights. Also, you have two separate flashers, one for the hazards and one for the turn signals. The fact that all the lights are working with the hazards though, is telling me you don't have bad bulbs. When using the turn signals with the headlights on, do the headlights flicker bright and dim at the same time? Your brights not working is likely to be a separate issue, as that's a separate switch (located down low on top of steering column) from the turn signal switch. I'd start by finding all the ground wires associated with your headlights and marker/turn lights, as well as their harness connector plugs, and clean them well. Bad grounds, if that's what you have, can do some funky things to make you chase your tail.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:31 AM
1st Gear Member

I thank you both for your advice, I will be checking this in the next day or so and will post my results..... My worry is that is might be the turning selector, with the springs, how can i check that, It seems that the steerring colum is a pain in the rear to access, any tips?

Old 04-14-2013, 11:19 AM
1st Gear Member

ok so the deal is that all the wiring seems to be fine, the pass side front turning light was alil rusted in the connector so i used some emery board to sand it clean and replaced the bulb, but when i switch it to that side it stays on constantly, like i said before, the driver side is fully fuctional, and both the rears shine, but the entire pass side just stays on and does not blink.....????? Also can anyone tell me the blink rate because it seems to me that the driver side while blinking is alil slow.....

Old 04-14-2013, 11:55 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

flasher is cheap, pick a blinker flasher and thow it in and see what happens. heres another place with info for yah. https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02...o-specs-71052/ and another, https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02...62/#post557634 anddd one more https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02...rt-here-38465/

Last edited by craby; 04-14-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:22 PM
1st Gear Member

You know I went to wally world to get some and i bought everything but that, de-da-de! Anyhow I will update as soon as I can get some and see what happends

Old 04-20-2013, 01:07 PM
1st Gear Member

I finally purchased a service manual, and check the wires and replaced all fuses, replaced all bulbs and still the pass. side turning signal is a steady light, my next step is to replace the flasher itself and hopefully the issue will be resolved.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:20 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

check your ground in back hatch under carpet by the latch. get the ohm meter out and check the ground side of the light connector on pass front and back.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:03 PM
1st Gear Member

I will have to check that 2maro, and update the status, thank you Craby!

Quick Reply: Light issue!