Good iPad Mount for 98-02 Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 09:24 PM
Overdrive Member
Question Good iPad Mount for 98-02 Camaro?

Anyone found a Good iPad Mount they like for a 98-02 Camaro?

I have the ProClip now for iPhone and like it a lot, and am considering an iPad soon -- curious what others like to mount it with.

TIA

Old 09-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Overdrive Member

Nobody who's done this, huh?

Old 09-06-2011, 10:36 AM

November 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Ride of the Month Director

I am actually looking into similar set ups, but i am going to be fabricating an Iphone dock into my ash tray (or the opening that is there for it), because i don't smoke, and don't let people smoke in my car...

Old 09-06-2011, 05:06 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by BudBrown
I am actually looking into similar set ups, but i am going to be fabricating an Iphone dock into my ash tray (or the opening that is there for it), because i don't smoke, and don't let people smoke in my car...
I've been planning the same thing for my iPod, it seems like the perfect place to put it. I don't know where I would put an iPad...

Old 09-06-2011, 06:28 PM
August 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I'd look into a universal laptop mount like this:

Ram Mount Vehicle syst 1993- Camero 1991-CROWN Vic

and modify it to your specs

Can I ask why though? Theres no tuning software that would run on an apple OS, I would be hard pressed to see why you'd need it otherwise

Old 09-06-2011, 11:04 PM
Overdrive Member

iPad guys, not iPhone or iPod...

That universal laptop mount is FAR too kludgy IMHO. I would just like the flexibility of a bigger screen -- iPhone's screen really is small for driving, but I do regularly use it -- mostly for NAV, podcasts & music.... A bunch of 5th Gen Camaro guys near me are mounting iPads and got me thinking.

There *IS* iPhone/iPad tuning software, and dyno type apps and OBD scanners, HUD, etc.

See Innovate Motorsports OT-2 - Transform your iPhone or iPod into a wireless gauge, data logger, dyno, efficiency meter and OBDII scan tool.
DevToaster - Rev - iPhone app development, Great iPhone apps, and more
How to Tune Your Mustang with an iPad Using SCT iTSX | AmericanMuscle.com Mustang Blog

Old 09-07-2011, 09:28 AM

November 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

The first link on google search
The second link...
This is the third...

There are a ton of mounts out there, Personally i would mod the glove box. The fact is the things you keep in there probably would do better in the console, and will get the same use... Plus the glove box has a lock.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:01 PM
Overdrive Member

Glove box?! The whole point would be for the iPad to be viewable during driving, just like an OEM NAV screen would be...

Old 09-07-2011, 12:17 PM

November 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

have you ever seen james bond? i meant have it mounted where when the glove box is opened it pops up and will hold the ipad displaying it out to the driver/ passenger...

Cut the back part out of the glove box put an ipad stand on a hinge at the top of the glovebox door, then mount the other side of the stand to some cables, or metal sliders (Like a pickup tailgate) and you have a ipad mount that is under dash and storeable when not in use... ALSO when you get out you can close and LOCK the glovebox door, thus adding some safty to your custom ipad stand.

HENSE "mod the glovebox"

actually, nevermind... I'll patent and sell the idea...

Last edited by BudBrown; 09-07-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:45 PM
Overdrive Member

^ Putting an iPad in the Glovebox location is a disaster for the driver waiting to happen -- you want it near eye-level, near the driver! I thought this was common sense...

Quick Reply: Good iPad Mount for 98-02 Camaro?