GA's interior swap thread, you know what they about going black!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 03:13 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by TheArtfulLodger
GA, what are you planning to do with those seat covers? I might be interested in them when you take them off, if they can be re-wrapped around another set of seats...

I actually really like tan interiors, and think I'd like to swap my interior to tan.
I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them. But if you want them then I'll cut you a good deal on them. the drivers side has a couple issues on the back section, but other than that they are in great shape. Just need some hogrings and hogring plyers and they can go on another set of camaro seats.

If you want them then I'll sell em too you. I paid over a $1K for them back in 2006, make me an offer. But it'll be a month or two at the latest until I get new ones and I'd like to use them until then.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:09 AM
1st Gear Member

Well, I'm in no rush. Just PM me whenever you're ready to part with them to let me know they're available, and we'll talk then. (I'm not thinking I have a prior claim on them...if something else/better happens, you'll get no grief from me.)

Old 12-05-2012, 12:21 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I got some more trim painted the past couple nights, and my best buddy in the world sent me some POR 15 so I can take care of my little rust issues. I'm going to start painting my tonneau cover tonight after I spray the rust down. I'll get some pics posted later tonight. And let me tell you this plastic interior paint stuff I got is bada$$, it's very forgiving and incredible how it holds up. I got some runs on a couple parts and figured I'd just let it dry and clean it up. Came out the next day and it's like the plastic just soaked up the paint, it's just awesome and looks so factory.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:58 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

So the way to a man's heart is through a can of POR 15 eh?

Old 12-05-2012, 02:43 PM
2nd Gear member

It's looking good, nice work man.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Super Scooch
January 2009 ROTM

Originally Posted by greenarrow
my best buddy in the world sent me some POR 15 so I can take care of my little rust issues.
ftw...

Old 12-09-2012, 06:44 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

So I did some painting Saturday, on the floor pans and some interior parts.

I got some POR 15 from a good friend and went to town, a lot more than I needed to do, but it's wide open now so why not.

And then I did my tonneau cover with the interior paint I got and what I used for the seat trim. Well it didn't turn out so well, was really blochey. I did that Saturday and waited until today to see how it would really turn out.

It's hard to see but you can tell, and it didn't really turn out that black either.

So I did some research and found this stuff.

So I painted right over the other stuff and man does it look great, absolutely fantastic. here's some pics. This is Satin black and I'm glad I didn't get the gloss black, this looks awesome.

So if I get time this week I'll start putting things back in. If not then that's what I'll be doing next Saturday. I just can't wait to get it all put together.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:55 PM
Super Scooch
January 2009 ROTM

Looks awesome man. did you save me some of that stuff?

Old 12-09-2012, 07:00 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

The POR 15? There's over half that can left, I'll bring it down to you sometime. Or do you want me to send it back now?

Old 12-09-2012, 07:50 PM
Super Scooch
January 2009 ROTM

nah, I'll get it from you when we start wiring. your stuff lookin good man, I cant wait to see it all put back together.

Quick Reply: GA's interior swap thread, you know what they about going black!!