GA's interior swap thread, you know what they about going black!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 12:42 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Default GA's interior swap thread, you know what they about going black!!

So I've always wanted to swap out my whole interior for the 00-02 black stuff, even before the 2000's where made with black interior. Well I finally got the stuff and decided to make it happen. So today I started gutting. I took a lot of pictures so I can match the new black carpet to how the factory tan was put in, as close as possible anyway.

How it all started today.

And then it started to disappear.

Old 11-24-2012, 12:42 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

So here's alot of the stuff I took out.

Here's the new stuff.

Got the door panels for $225 off ebay and they are 99% mint. Back panels were $80 bucks off ebay, first set in black I had ever seen in 4 years of watching. Floor Trim was $25 plus shipping off ebay, and then there's black seat belt trim wrapped up in the paper, those where $80 bucks off ebay, had to come by parts those things.

New Black carpet: Auto Carpet for Car, Truck, Van - Stock Interiors A good price from my research, these guys have a great website with a lot of information. They also sell on ebay and have great feedback. Carpet was $262.85 shipped with everything the factory carpet has.

Best of all I found my cigarette lighter and some change. And a couple lost fries!!

I have a heater core issue I have to take care off before I start putting the interior in. As well as see if I can reroute some stereo wires as well before the carpet goes in. But I'll update as I work on it.

Old 11-24-2012, 01:07 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

wow that was fast,,, so you been savin parts for over 4 years to get it all right, man thats dedication. looks like some rust was tryin to get started there, probly a good idea for all of us to have a look under the carpet

Old 11-24-2012, 02:14 PM
Super Scooch
January 2009 ROTM

Looks like youve got it under control so far.

Old 11-24-2012, 03:24 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by craby
wow that was fast,,, so you been savin parts for over 4 years to get it all right, man thats dedication. looks like some rust was tryin to get started there, probly a good idea for all of us to have a look under the carpet
Well no, I've been looking off and on for the hardest parts to find, which are the back panels and the back seat belt trim cap. Once I found those about 4 months ago I got the rest of it and just got the carpet in a few days ago. But I've been wanting to get rid of the tan for a long time.

Originally Posted by Scooch
Looks like youve got it under control so far.
Yep, easier than I figured it would be, but I know putting the carpet in is going to suck.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:36 PM
Super Scooch
January 2009 ROTM

yea well, get it figured out on yours, then you can come by and put mine in like a rock star.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:55 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Well if things go to plan I'll be putting my carpet in next Saturday. I'm planned up to rock out the heater core and it doesn't look to bad. So if there's no hiccups with that then after that's done I'll start on the carpet.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:38 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

let us know how the fit and quality is on the carpet, i got my headliner from them, its very good quality, fit could have been better but not much.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:46 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

That's good to know. I'm documenting everything. I'm getting some stuff to redye my seatbelts since they have faded a little and then some other stuff to dye my tan stuff black, the stuff that I'm not replacing. And I'm probably going to end up getting new seats covers as well. I have to replace the driver side seat back foam, so I'm going to check some places out here and see what they can do. But that will be later on after I have it already back together.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:01 PM
2nd Gear member

Looks good man, not really sure why you had problems finding black(ebony panels). I found at least 4-5 sets of door panels in just a few mins on eBay, not to mention the ones that are usually for sale on tech. I remember the vert seats belts where the hardest thing for me to find, that and good ebony carpet, never did find one I liked so I went with a mint condition graphite oem carpet model.

Quick Reply: GA's interior swap thread, you know what they about going black!!