GA's interior swap thread, you know what they about going black!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 05:11 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by fbodyrs96
Looks good man, not really sure why you had problems finding black(ebony panels). I found at least 4-5 sets of door panels in just a few mins on eBay, not to mention the ones that are usually for sale on tech. I remember the vert seats belts where the hardest thing for me to find, that and good ebony carpet, never did find one I liked so I went with a mint condition graphite oem carpet model.
Good panels are hard to find, most have been used and abused, have broken tabs and whatnot. But mostly it was the convert. back panels that where hard to find.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:34 PM
2nd Gear member

I did this twice, didn't really have a hard time ether time. Cleveland pick a part on eBay is the best, or for me there is a huge fbody junkyard in Rome ga. I would say the part that took the longest for me was an ebony tonneau cover, everybody think there made of gold no matter what color they are. Just lucked up and someone posted a Craigslist ad on ls1tech vert section for one in Michigan $90 shipped. That was my lucky day.

Last edited by fbodyrs96; 11-27-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:02 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I'm debating about doing mine with interior dye paint. It's already that dark grey color, but it would look sweet black.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:09 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Alright, so I did some work today. I got my heater core replaced, the old one had some nasty crap in it and one wonders how the hell that crap even got in there. I also found out that my radiator drain handle is broke off. But I also got some interior stuff done today as well.

First off I dyed my old faded seatbelts back to original black.
This what I got to do that job, off ebay, this 4 oz bottle did all of my seat belts and some other stuff.

You can kind of see the old faded vs the new dyed. It's very obvious in person.

Seat belts hanging out.......to dry...

Got this stuff to do some interior painting on plastics. Did the seat trim for the passenger and driver seats. Also going to use this on my tonneau cover if these come out good.
I got this stuff off eastwood: Landau Black Interior Paint Aerosol 12 oz Net. I got a kit that came with a cleaner, primer/adhesion promoter, and 3 cans of black for like $55.00. But I can't find it now for some reason.

And here's the trim.

I have some surface rust in the passenger side floorboards that I have to take care off this week and after that I'll be getting to the carpet. Going to be done before christmas I hope.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:02 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

So did a little today, put in new dash pad.

And put the seat trim on that I painted black. Now I gave this passenger side piece a little bounce off the garage floor to see how it stood up and as you can see it's fine afterwards.

These turned out really good, a little armor all or Mcquires and they will look like they were made black. I can't wait to do my tonneau cover now.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:50 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

wow that one side looks like its fresh outa the factory. other side looks uneven. could be the pictures. my dash came out sorta uneven, overpainted it in some spots.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:10 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

They're both dirty, I didn't clean my hands before I started messing with them. I just need to wipe them off. But yeah I was impressed with that stuff.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Super Scooch
January 2009 ROTM

glad I will be able to contribute to little project.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:39 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

More than you know bud!

Old 12-04-2012, 12:14 PM
1st Gear Member

GA, what are you planning to do with those seat covers? I might be interested in them when you take them off, if they can be re-wrapped around another set of seats...

I actually really like tan interiors, and think I'd like to swap my interior to tan.

Quick Reply: GA's interior swap thread, you know what they about going black!!