would like your P.O.V

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 12:05 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default would like your P.O.V

So i was wondering about 2 subjects 1) what is the best set of header out of these brands: hooker, pace setter, BBK, edelbrock? 2) out of these C.A.I : K&N or moroso

Old 07-12-2009, 12:42 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I know the best set of headers are kooks long tubes, but there very pricey.... I was going to post a thread headers also so Ill just include my question here:
Whats a good and inexpensive set of headers? What more does one get for spending the extra money on Kooks as opposed to other brands of long tube headers?

Old 07-12-2009, 12:52 AM
In the Staging Lanes

some one come help the rookies out

Old 07-12-2009, 12:30 PM
3rd Gear Member

Have you tried searching?

Old 07-12-2009, 12:53 PM
In the Staging Lanes

i look up header and looks like hooker is the way to go but i just wanted to hear what the most common set were. and with the c.a.i. I was leaning towards the k&n ( just wanted some feed back from all yall who know about this) like i said im a rookie and i need a veteran to show me the ropes

Old 07-12-2009, 04:35 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by thegluefactory
i look up header and looks like hooker is the way to go but i just wanted to hear what the most common set were. and with the c.a.i. I was leaning towards the k&n ( just wanted some feed back from all yall who know about this) like i said im a rookie and i need a veteran to show me the ropes
Personally, I have a 95 Z28 and have Pacesetter coated and a maganflow cat back (but I no longer have a cat)

Why pacesetter? Simple: price

They do the job and the coating will help them last.

A set of Percy's seal 4 life gaskets takes care of any fitment issues you hear about.

There are tons of threads on the subject.

You'll drive yourself crazy discussing this until you are blue in the face. If you are going to get LT's, then do it. There is nothing to be nervous about. yes, you'll spend some money. The main reason i went to LT's was not the added torque or HP, although that is a nice benefit. It was to make it easier to get to the plugs and wires.

Old 07-12-2009, 05:33 PM
In the Staging Lanes

thanks. man i was lookin at other peoples installs and it looks hard. so now i need to find me someone or a place to install them.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:23 PM
3rd Gear Member

If you have access to a lift, they wouldn't be to bad.

A days worth of work for you and a friend.

Old 07-12-2009, 08:41 PM
In the Staging Lanes

see that's my problem, i don't know any one with a lift and all my friends aren't even remotly interested in cars .

Old 07-13-2009, 11:40 AM
Overdrive Member

As for your question about "What do you get with more expensive headers?" you get better fit, full stainless, higher quality construction and tuned tubes. You get what you pay for, that's the way the world works. Pacesetter headers work, the price is decent and they're coated. That said I've heard stories of people needing to dent the collectors on their brand new coated headers in order to get them to clear the firewall. Other people have had great luck with them and they installed fine. I would say you should pick up a set of Dynatech headers if you're in the price range of Hookers. The header itself is less expensive, but you have to buy the collector separate, so that brings them to about the same price and Dynatech makes a great product.

As far as the install, you can do it without a lift, but probably not without some help. You'll have to pull the starter and jack the front of the motor up in order to get the passenger side in. I recommend removing both motor mounts and just jacking up the motor before you even try to install the driver side, it will make it easier to get everything in.