wiper motors

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 08:34 PM
Overdrive Member
Default wiper motors

OK normally this kinda stuff I can figure out with no issues, this one is confusin me. I am working on a 95, the wiper motor has delay. We started with an issue of where the wipers parked. The previous owner said one day they parked in the full up position and stayed there. The first stroke was down from the parked position so I just figured the arm is in the wrong place. After a little experimenting with the arm location I was able to get the wiper arms to park in the down position and function normally for the most part. The for the most part involves a couple of things that this car does that the other 3 camaros I have access too do not do.

1. when in delay mode the wipers stop in the fully up position not a few inches off the cowl.

2. when running the wipers normally they stop and reverse near the park position and not a few inches off the cowl, but at the top of the swing they stop in the normal up position.

3. when you turn the wipers off they swing up and down in a full cycle before parking. The other 3 cars just drop the wipers a few inches down to the park position.

So those are the issues, I am thinking it is the mechinism in the wiper control or transmission. I know the motor is good and strong, that is not a problem. The linkage is in good shape and not bent up any.

I can get a hold of the wiper motor from a 98, but I dont know if they are the same. I look them up at work and they have 2 different part numbers but the image looks like the same motor and transmission. The only difference I see is one comes with the arm and mounting bracket (for the 95) and the one for the 98-02 only shows the motor not the arm or bracket. I know the plugs are the same. Any ideas?

Massey

Old 05-30-2010, 08:46 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

sounds like the the board has failed. with the motor there is a ciruit/pulse board and it sometimes goes and does wierd stuff.
http://www.techchoiceparts.com/showitem.aspx?id=118001

Old 05-31-2010, 11:00 AM
Overdrive Member

This is the direction I was leaning toward with the motor in the 95. Thank you Craby. Does anyone know the difference in the 93-97 motor and the 98-02? I can get a cheap functioning 98 motor but I only know the plug is the same.

Massey