Window Motor

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 06:19 PM
2nd Gear member
Default Window Motor

Great...today my driver window motor died. It only works when it wants too...how expensive is this gonna be to fix? I move out in less than 2 weeks, and I'm barely gonna be able to make rent. I also lost one of the trim panel clips for the window button trim panel. Are they relatively inexpensive? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-03-2010, 07:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Motors will cost around $50. The trim panel clip is like $1.00 at Chevy. As for the installation, it could cost you a bit. I just replaced my passenger window but a friend did mine for half the price.

Old 08-03-2010, 07:58 PM
2nd Gear member

I paid about $35 for an OEM window motor, and I installed it myself using this website for guidance -> http://shbox.com/page/windowmotor.html
It's really not as difficult as you'd think, if I can do it then just about anyone can.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:31 PM
1st Gear Member

You may want to check this out too !

http://www.ls1engine.com/tech/how-to...r-side-window/

Old 08-06-2010, 02:34 AM
2nd Gear member

Thanks everyone, I'm gonna try and get my hands on a new motor soon.

Old 08-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Unhappy OEM left window replacement

Originally Posted by montecarlogrrl
I paid about $35 for an OEM window motor, and I installed it myself using this website for guidance -> http://shbox.com/page/windowmotor.html
It's really not as difficult as you'd think, if I can do it then just about anyone can.
i have been looking for an OEM motor and they are not easy to find. Where did you find yours because i really need one. It's REAL inconvenient not being able to put your driver window down...you can't go to the bank, you can't drive through McD's, all the important stuff...

Old 08-28-2010, 06:59 PM
1st Gear Member

I got a motor off of ebay for $25. It's been a couple of years now and it's still working well. Just look at the links above, and take your time and you can do it yourself.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:14 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Redgrrl
i have been looking for an OEM motor and they are not easy to find. Where did you find yours because i really need one. It's REAL inconvenient not being able to put your driver window down...you can't go to the bank, you can't drive through McD's, all the important stuff...
I bought it at a local Chevy dealer. They said it's a common part that they normally keep in stock.

Old 08-29-2010, 12:49 AM

Yeah, I need new clips for my driver side too..

Anyone have links to order the part and instillation guide?

Old 08-29-2010, 08:26 PM
L8P
Default 1995 f

Not to hijack your thread, but didn't want to start a new one.
I noticed my Left window wouldn't go all the way up, pulled the panel to find rivets broken from the fiberglass. It appears the motor is not mounted, causing the problem. Any help appreciated.

Quick Reply: Window Motor