a whole bunch of others are putting pic threads up, so i am too

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 09:01 PM
1st Gear Member
Default a whole bunch of others are putting pic threads up, so i am too

I'm not sure whether or not these kind of threads are frowned upon but I'm gonna go for it anyway. (Sorry in advance if they are.)

OK, so I promised I would get pictures up in my 'new members' thread and it has taken a while but i finally got them taken. Here they are:

What do you guys think?

Old 11-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

pics are always welcome and the car looks good tint the windows clean up the headlights and get some nice wheels youll be all set

Old 11-06-2010, 09:05 PM
2nd Gear member

Pretty clean.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:07 PM
3rd Gear Member

Your car looks just like mine did when I first got it, from the exterior at least. Is that your Corvette?

Old 11-06-2010, 09:08 PM
3rd Gear Member

Nice car, but what about that vette in the back there =)

Old 11-06-2010, 09:09 PM
2nd Gear member

Looks nice! You need to get it and that Vette out for a photo-op together.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:22 PM
1st Gear Member
Default a very, very long post...

haha more comments on the vette, but that is understandable. yes it is ours, well, my dad's. he bought it last january at the bottom of the recession so he got it cheap. its a stock 2008 C6 and his daily driver.

it just so happens that today was the first day he let me drive it...i have only had my license 4 months but he trusts me. this is already known to most of you, but there is absolutely no comparison between the two. i feel in love with it while i was driving around my church parking lot getting a feel for the clutch (which feels completely different from mine). we drove down a personal favorite, winding road and he let me gun it...i know that it isn't the fastest car ever but it is the fastest vehicle i have ever driven and i was stunned.

Originally Posted by BasicConcepts
pics are always welcome and the car looks good tint the windows clean up the headlights and get some nice wheels youll be all set
yes i do want to do some things its just having to pay insurance and gas and not having a job doesn't really add up if you know what i mean. cleaning the headlights will happen in the very near future. tomorrow before my lacrosse tryouts hopefully.

do you have any ideas on how to do it? my brother used to dry sand the yellowish tint off with 1000 grit and then 2000 grit and then use a clear coat sort of thing that filled in the light scratches. that sound good?

Originally Posted by RedKnight
Looks nice! You need to get it and that Vette out for a photo-op together.
and yes i have been wanting to do just that but i have to find the time when he and i can both go somewhere to take the pictures and it just hasn't worked out.

Last edited by the jank; 11-06-2010 at 09:26 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:30 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

Originally Posted by the jank
do you have any ideas on how to do it? my brother used to dry sand the yellowish tint off with 1000 grit and then 2000 grit and then use a clear coat sort of thing that filled in the light scratches. that sound good?
thats the best way when you go to clear coat them leave your headlights on of heat up the plastic the clear will work better

Old 11-06-2010, 09:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BasicConcepts
thats the best way when you go to clear coat them leave your headlights on of heat up the plastic the clear will work better
i meant to say wet sand but whatever. and are you saying to have them on so they heat up? i didn't quite follow that completely.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:39 PM
3rd Gear Member

You can pee on your headlights.

No really, you can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy_WF5Iei_I

Quick Reply: a whole bunch of others are putting pic threads up, so i am too