Where can i find a good intake and cat

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 07:41 PM
4th Gear Member
Default Where can i find a good intake and cat

Ok so my mechanic needs to replace my intake kuz there is unmetered air getting into my engine, where can i find a good CAI for a 94 z28, and a Flowmaster cat for a reasonable price?

Old 09-28-2007, 08:00 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: Where can i find a good intake and cat

ebay ebay ebay

Old 09-28-2007, 08:09 PM
4th Gear Member

lol, parts dealer only please!

Old 09-28-2007, 10:13 PM

u need a cat or a catback system? 275 shipped for a flowmaster catback system on my 96z @ summit. + or - 10 bux for your 94. As far as cai goes, everyone has their preference. I seriously think just straightening out the piping from the box to the tb makes 1/2 the hp most people claim on the expensive ones. Even though they flow better and make more hp, I don't like the cai's that go too close to the air dam...to close to a puddle that is waiting to get sucked up. It just seems too easy to make your own.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:31 PM
3rd Gear Member

As for CAI I would probably go with K&N, and catback I would go with Dynomax or Magnaflow. IMO Flowmaster has too much cabin resonance. Magnaflow would probably sound preatty good. I for one love Dynomax because I like the nice subtle tones. For some reason it doesn't get enoughcredit for the quality it delivers. For the catback and install I would go to a muffler shop. There are some things that you just need to do in person.Ifproblems arouse there is an actual physical place you can consult. Compared to if you buy something online and there are problems you're on your own. On top of that ifyou have to return it shipping back and forth will get to you,along with thefrustration of waiting and paying more. The CAI though I would go with a reputable supplier like Summit or Jegs.

Old 09-29-2007, 01:28 AM
4th Gear Member

ok, basically i just need the induction boot (the part thats hooked up to the TB) and a catalytic converter not the whole kit and kaboodle. Plus ill need O2 sensors im sure unless i can run a catalyst effectively without em.

Old 09-29-2007, 02:13 PM
4th Gear Member

Anyone know of any sites that carries Flowmaster hi flow cats and intakes?

Old 09-29-2007, 03:33 PM
1st Gear Member

check with Summit racing bro....as for the rest of the stuff you are looking for...check summit or jegsalso. From what I am reading, you need the elbow on the intake tube, you can get that from summit for ~$100 and you'll be able to use your stock air box.

Old 09-29-2007, 06:06 PM
4th Gear Member

Ok thanks. Heres what my plan was since i dont have all week to wait for jegs or summitto get my order and process it i was going to get their price and what not and bring that to shucks because they will match any parts dealer prices (if its cheaper of course)

Old 09-29-2007, 06:25 PM
3rd Gear Member

Go to either Auto Zone or Advanced Auto or any of those chain stores. They all have performance part catalogs and can get them for you in 3 days. You have to go down pay for them first then they order them. So if you do have a problem, you have a place you can bring them to... AutoZone has a great website where you can keep your car information and get part # and prices for just about anything they carry. www.autozone.com .

Quick Reply: Where can i find a good intake and cat