Whats your Chevy Camaro V6 Exhaust setup.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 10:19 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by 94ChevyCamaroV6
Alright but as far as the year of the z28 muffler I get will make a difference so should I get the same year one as my car. Is there a certain tailpipe they need to make like cat back etc. Its nice that you are helping me because I am new to this. Thanks.
The year shouldn't matter. I think they were all the same.
When I installed mine, I cut my old muffler off as close as I could to the inlet pipe, and welded it directly on to the inlet of the new muffler.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:22 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Mikey.
The year shouldn't matter. I think they were all the same.
When I installed mine, I cut my old muffler off as close as I could to the inlet pipe, and welded it directly on to the inlet of the new muffler.
It would be nice If there was like a youtube video about how to Install this lol.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:37 PM
2nd Gear member

It would be nice If there was like a youtube video about how to Install this lol.
If you're unsure, take it somewhere. It requires welding and custom hangers.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:42 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Mikey.
If you're unsure, take it somewhere. It requires welding and custom hangers.
I planned on taking It to a place. I am trying to figure out what kind of muffler of a z28 I need like what year. I am thinking I should get the same year as my v6. But then like what one I should get because they made different z28 like different liters manual or automatic etc. Idk If that makes a difference In sound quality. This Is a mess.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:25 AM
3rd Gear Member

all the z28 mufflers will be the same from 93-97. you can also get a firebird formula setup as the formula is the equal of the z28

Old 08-03-2011, 11:37 AM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

I like the sound of that one but It didnt really get reved a whole lot to know If It had that raspy crap can type of sound. But could you get me a link to all the stuff I need for this like where you bought It from. That would help. Also would It matter a difference In sound that yours Is a 95 five speed mine Is a 94 Automatic.
i didnt buy the exhaust it came with the car also i didnt rev it up too much because of my neighbors it was in my garage and was pretty loud

Originally Posted by Massey
The trans will play little in the sound but when it shifts it will change the notes as the engine loads more. The Flowmaster is really raspy trust me here. They sound great on the V8 but horrible on the 3.4 and 3.8. THe best sound I have heard from a V6 is a plain old z28 muff.

Massey
actually my exhaust didnt get raspy till about 4k rpm anything below that sounded real beefy

Old 08-03-2011, 12:46 PM
Overdrive Member

Borla Adjustable cat-back -- it was reportedly the best sounding for the V6, so I installed it and it sounds great at all RPMs IMHO -- much better than the RS exhaust (Z28 muffler). Adjustable means it comes with plates so you can adjust the sound levels, or add a DMH E-Valve to do so from the driver seat.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:38 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
Borla Adjustable cat-back -- it was reportedly the best sounding for the V6, so I installed it and it sounds great at all RPMs IMHO -- much better than the RS exhaust (Z28 muffler). Adjustable means it comes with plates so you can adjust the sound levels, or add a DMH E-Valve to do so from the driver seat.
Yeah best for the v6 but your garage says you have a rs and a ss not a v6.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:39 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Failed Devices
all the z28 mufflers will be the same from 93-97. you can also get a firebird formula setup as the formula is the equal of the z28
Alright I will call the Junk yard to see If they have a 93 - 97 muffler.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:41 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by BasicConcepts
i didnt buy the exhaust it came with the car also i didnt rev it up too much because of my neighbors it was in my garage and was pretty loud

actually my exhaust didnt get raspy till about 4k rpm anything below that sounded real beefy
Well then since your In your garage It sounded louder which would say that It Isnt really that loud on the streets right. Then when you say raspy at 4 rpm was that when you rev or are driving. When you are driving does It have that raspy sound. Or what lol thanks.

Quick Reply: Whats your Chevy Camaro V6 Exhaust setup.