Whats your Chevy Camaro V6 Exhaust setup.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 02:58 PM
2nd Gear member
Default Whats your Chevy Camaro V6 Exhaust setup.

I have a 1994 Chevy Camaro V6 3.4L Car. I am looking to getting a flowmaster muffler. The thing Is that I wont be able to do the work myself because I dont know how. But I am wondering what will sound the best on my car that wont have a raspy ricer type sound. Most videos that I see on youtube have a glasspack sound when Its on Idle but when they rev the camaro It sounds like a ricer crap can. I have posted another thread about exhaust but I am posting this because I really was to find out what I should get to sound the most like a glasspack muscle type of a sound which I know will be hard with this v6 but I want something close to that without the raspy crap can sound. I am thinking I shouldnt get magnaflow because I wont wanna pay over five hundred dollars for the whole setup. I am thinking of getting like a 40 series flowmaster muffler but Im not sure what 40 series I need because they are saying dual chamber but I only have one exhaust that comes out the back not two Idk If that has anything to do with the chamber. On youtube I also saw that when you buy a new flowmaster muffler the guy commented saying that you should also buy a new tip along with a exhaust to make It look right. I am new to this stuff. Point me In the right direction would be nice. Links for a product. Remember this will be for a 1994 Chevy Camaro V6 3.4L Car. Thanks for looking.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

heres what i had 3 inch cat back cat delete flowmaster

‪95 Camaro 3'' flow-master exhaust no cat‬‏ - YouTube

Old 08-02-2011, 03:38 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by BasicConcepts
heres what i had 3 inch cat back cat delete flowmaster

‪95 Camaro 3'' flow-master exhaust no cat‬‏ - YouTube
I like the sound of that one but It didnt really get reved a whole lot to know If It had that raspy crap can type of sound. But could you get me a link to all the stuff I need for this like where you bought It from. That would help. Also would It matter a difference In sound that yours Is a 95 five speed mine Is a 94 Automatic.

Old 08-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Overdrive Member

The trans will play little in the sound but when it shifts it will change the notes as the engine loads more. The Flowmaster is really raspy trust me here. They sound great on the V8 but horrible on the 3.4 and 3.8. THe best sound I have heard from a V6 is a plain old z28 muff.

Massey

Old 08-02-2011, 04:11 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Massey
The trans will play little in the sound but when it shifts it will change the notes as the engine loads more. The Flowmaster is really raspy trust me here. They sound great on the V8 but horrible on the 3.4 and 3.8. THe best sound I have heard from a V6 is a plain old z28 muff.

Massey
I think you suggested this on my other thread. But I didnt understand what you were saying. Like If you get only the muffler or the whole setup or what I need to get. Im new to this stuff so big words I wont understand.

Old 08-02-2011, 05:25 PM
November 2010 ROTM
October 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Pacesetter headers, High flow cat, magnaflow muffler, cme tips. Sounds good in the car, not so much outside. At least she looks good

‪1993 Camaro V6 1/8th Mile Nitrous Run‬‏ - YouTube

‪1993 Camaro V6 1/8th Mile Nitrous Run‬‏ - YouTube

Old 08-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Overdrive Member

Originally Posted by 94ChevyCamaroV6
I think you suggested this on my other thread. But I didnt understand what you were saying. Like If you get only the muffler or the whole setup or what I need to get. Im new to this stuff so big words I wont understand.

This was answered in the other thread too. Just the muff and tips is all you are going to need. There is not much difference between the cat and muff between the V6 and V8 cars.

Massey

Old 08-02-2011, 07:00 PM
2nd Gear member

This was answered in the other thread too. Just the muff and tips is all you are going to need. There is not much difference between the cat and muff between the V6 and V8 cars.

Massey
Alright I get the muffler part. I know this Is a dumb question but Is the tip the part that runs from the muffler to the back of the car like the part that you see from the road Is It that whole piece. My other question Is will this muffler along with tip have to come off the same year as my car. Is there a certain one I need since mine Is automatic.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Overdrive Member

If you are pulling the muff used off another car then the tips (also called tail pipes)will come off with. The tips are the outlet of the muff, the part you see out the back of the car. you can have decorative covers over them (also called tips) or nothing. Any exhaust shop can fabricate these for you, and it does not cost that much for them to do that. Just take the car to an exhaust shop and have them hook you up. By the questions you are asking I can tell you are new at this stuff and prolly not too good with a wrench or welder. Take it to those who are and tell them you just want the Z28 muffler, and some tailpipes/tips and they will handle anything that needs handling for you. My area shops want about $250 for this job with the Z muff and about $350 for the Magnaflow/Flowmaster.

Massey

Old 08-02-2011, 07:51 PM
2nd Gear member

If you are pulling the muff used off another car then the tips (also called tail pipes)will come off with. The tips are the outlet of the muff, the part you see out the back of the car. you can have decorative covers over them (also called tips) or nothing. Any exhaust shop can fabricate these for you, and it does not cost that much for them to do that. Just take the car to an exhaust shop and have them hook you up. By the questions you are asking I can tell you are new at this stuff and prolly not too good with a wrench or welder. Take it to those who are and tell them you just want the Z28 muffler, and some tailpipes/tips and they will handle anything that needs handling for you. My area shops want about $250 for this job with the Z muff and about $350 for the Magnaflow/Flowmaster.

Massey
Alright but as far as the year of the z28 muffler I get will make a difference so should I get the same year one as my car. Is there a certain tailpipe they need to make like cat back etc. Its nice that you are helping me because I am new to this. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Whats your Chevy Camaro V6 Exhaust setup.