What's this piece called?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 07:30 PM
1st Gear Member
Default What's this piece called?

The rubber elbow in the red circle. Mine had a crack in it, and I had my car checked for codes and I keep getting a vacuum leak code. I wrapped it in tape, and code still comes back. I checked the hoses and I couldn't find any other cracks or cuts. So, I'm thinking this elbow is what's throwing the vacuum leak code.

But Autozone doesn't carry it.

Attached Thumbnails What's this piece called?-photo.php.jpg  
Old 03-30-2012, 09:53 PM
4th Gear Member

Looks like to me one of the EVAP canister hoses. Figures Autozone and no good help. Try an Advance Auto Parts if you have one near you. We carry emission hosing and we may have that exact piece but just drive there, take it off, and show them. They'll get you hooked up.

What code are you getting? There are seven different codes that have to do with the EVAP system alone.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:08 AM
2nd Gear member

If I wasn't wrong, I guess year ago I saw video or thread about this,
and there is no one of it in the market, so the solution was to bring and old cable of spark plug and use it!!! ( use it's head)

Old 04-03-2012, 07:07 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MKCoconuts
Looks like to me one of the EVAP canister hoses. Figures Autozone and no good help. Try an Advance Auto Parts if you have one near you. We carry emission hosing and we may have that exact piece but just drive there, take it off, and show them. They'll get you hooked up.

What code are you getting? There are seven different codes that have to do with the EVAP system alone.

The code is . . .

Troubleshooting P1441

Definition
EVAP system flow during non-purge condition

Explanation
ECM has detected vacuum flow to the Fuel Tank Pressure (FTP) sensor during a system sealed condition

Probable Cause
Failed Canister Purge Solenoid
Failed Fuel Tank Pressure (FTP) sensor

I replaced the canister purge solenoid since autozone had them in stock. Had the code removed, came back a few days later and code came back on. So, either the taped elbow is leaking or I need a new FTP sensor. I couldn't even find one to purchase online.

Any ideas?

Old 04-03-2012, 07:17 PM
4th Gear Member

Well if you have an Advance you can purchase that whole piece there. I'll get the part number thursday when I go in to work. As far as the FTP sensor goes, I'll see what I can find. I've honestly never heard of it either.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:30 PM
1st Gear Member

I found this.

More Information for ACDELCO 16238399

Not sure if it's the same part.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:25 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

second post number 8 https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02...rt-here-38462/ could try a new gas cap.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:55 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Old 04-08-2012, 10:30 AM
1st Gear Member

I'll try the gas cap. If not, should I replace the ftp sensor? I already replaced the purge canistor.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but in overdrive when I accelerate gently it'll sputter a little, like its gasping for air? And I can hear a weird noise coming from the rear divers side. Can't really detail the sound but I guess it sounds like a gurgle noise. Won't do it in idle, so I can't pinpoint the location. Would a failed ftp sensor cause this?

I even changed the throttle position sensor and that helped for a few days but it came back. Runs a little ****ty, too.

If so, where besides the dealership can I get a ftp sensor? Neither advance nor autozone had it, and I called rockauto, no luck. Can't find anything online.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:45 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Quick Reply: What's this piece called?