what would you pay for this car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 01:42 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Not to change the subject Gorn, but are you a Star Trek fan?

Old 01-11-2013, 10:17 PM
2nd Gear member

Ok I'm pretty sure that wasn't the car that came by here. It's still pinned in between 2 vehicles and it's been raining all day. There would of been mud on those tires if it had been moved lol. I never got a reply so I emailed that "internet lady" back after closing time. The first is my email, second her reply. Maybe someone will contact me so we'll see if they understand me or just confused. By the way, thanks again for pointing this out lol. This is fun!

"Thank you for your reply. No one ever contacted me. I was interested in the Camaro at the corner lot in West Union. The description on the website stated it was a 30th anniversary edition but it actually isn't. I just wondered if it was mixed up or if there was a description for the teal car. We have 3 and I'm considering selling one and acquiring another one. I figured since the car was incorrectly described the prices listed would vary since the teal one is just a base coupe. Thank you!"

"I am so sorry no one has contacted you-I will have one of the sales associates contact you first thing tomorrow regarding the Camaro. Thank you for letting me know and feel free to contact me if your request is not filled to your satisfaction tomorrow."

Old 01-11-2013, 10:31 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

You know, they could be legitimate boneheads, assuming the car is an anniversary edition, and priced it accordingly by the book. Then they should easily come down $3-4k.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:39 PM
2nd Gear member

It doesn't even have the 30th anniversary seats like I've seen. I'm not that into this car anyway lol. There's some things I like but some I dont. Not a fan of the color first of all. I can't lie though. If I take my car in and it needs engine work, I've already put $2300 in it the last 2 years and I may just part with it.... MAY....

Old 01-12-2013, 09:07 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
Not to change the subject Gorn, but are you a Star Trek fan?
Yes but that is not the origin of my Nick name. The online name dates all the way back to the mid 90's when I used to game online. My screen name was Aragorn, to long to type durring a game so my team mates shorten it.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:32 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Oh good, because the "Gorn" on Star Trek looks nothing like the pic I've seen of you.....the Gorn looks taller! lol

Old 01-12-2013, 01:07 PM
2nd Gear member

Ok never heard from them BUT a close friend of mine just started working there as a sales associate yesterday! Lol I msg her on her facebook wall and "educated her". She talked to another guy there and he said because the seats said "30th anniversary" that he assumed. He was changing the website. We'll see what they change.

Old 01-12-2013, 01:30 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

You do realize that expecting used car salesmen to be educated on the cars they are selling can be a losing battle (your close friend excluded, of course)! .

Old 01-12-2013, 08:37 PM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by budsysmith
Ok never heard from them BUT a close friend of mine just started working there as a sales associate yesterday! Lol I msg her on her facebook wall and "educated her". She talked to another guy there and he said because the seats said "30th anniversary" that he assumed. He was changing the website. We'll see what they change.
If its this close, why not go there and actually talk to them...whats with all the emailing when you can just do this in person?

Old 01-12-2013, 09:18 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by jkeaton
If its this close, why not go there and actually talk to them...whats with all the emailing when you can just do this in person?
hmmm it's called modern technology. Why write a letter with a stamp on it if I can text someone. I dont want to waste the gas and I dont want the car anyway. I only emailed them twice to get them to call and they never did. Actually the first wasn't an email technically. It was an online quote.