What would you do???

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 09:13 PM
2nd Gear member
Default What would you do???

I know for a fact by the end of the summer, I will have at least $3,000 or so saved up if an emergency doesn't come up. But I am so confused on what to do.
1) I could either do the 98-02 front end swap and get it painted either a new coat of white or like an electric blue.
2) Do at least some top end work, gears, converter, etc. that I want to do as part of my build. My entire build consists of a stroker setup and some boost but I don't want to rush that part.
3) Do suspension work and some exterior or interior work.

Which road would you choose to go down? And if I saved up until the end of fall, I will have probably at least $5,000 or so.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:31 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I have a 1994 Z28 and this is what I'm going to do by the end of the summer:

-New paint job (Silver with Black Stripes is what is most probable)
-New Gears
-Some Interior Work
-And hopefully a shift kit

I personally don't think the front end swap is worth the money. If you get some headlight covers and a new grill it will look close enough with a unique touch to it. But I'm just throwing out my own personal opinion.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:34 PM
3rd Gear Member

id prefer to get all the performance mods out of the way before i get new paint and do a front end conversion; just feel like thats the most important thing and the biggest project so Id want that to be done with

Old 04-17-2011, 10:11 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Failed Devices
id prefer to get all the performance mods out of the way before i get new paint and do a front end conversion; just feel like thats the most important thing and the biggest project so Id want that to be done with
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but I'm also a big fan of looking good lol but a couple of friends have finally matched me with performance cars and are faster so I think that's my new goal to beat them again!

And I just love the newer noses by a long shot over these. I love these noses too but the 98-02 are just so much better. Besides, there are maybe six or so pull yards near me, so I could hopefully find one. If not, I have websites with real cheap parts to do the conversion.

Old 04-17-2011, 10:25 PM
3rd Gear Member

Do suspension work get it ready to be able to handle the power your going to be giving it.

Old 04-17-2011, 10:31 PM
2nd Gear member

Yeah I just might do the suspension first then. I mean it does make sense to do that first. The motor only has 15,000 miles or so on it but the suspension is 15 years old ): It needs some help fast. Just before, I had 2 friends in my car and my tires were rubbing like crazy! It was so annoying!

Old 04-18-2011, 06:27 AM

Really think about this:
Buy a CD or some other secure investment.
Things will be getting worse before better.
Your car will NEVER increase the value you want to put into it.
Just a thought.....you work to hard for saving 3-5000.
Invest it wisely.....a car mod is not a wise investment.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:08 AM
2nd Gear member

I don't plan on ever selling my car though. I will total it before I sell it so I don't care what it's value is, I'm still going to invest in it.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:33 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Id say get a new rear first, build the car from back to front. Either a 9 inch or a 12 bolt, then get level 2 or 3 trans from these guys 4l60e 700r4 4l80e performance gm transmission performabuilt
make sure you do some supension mods to get all the power your gona make to the ground. Then build the engine the way you want. Thats when I would do paint and finally interior.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:01 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

these cars are not ment to be investments. more of a hobby with benifits. need more power man. suspension is good to. car looks fine so dont worry to much about looks till you got everything else the way you want it. set 500 away for that thing that pops up unexpectedly. what mods do you have now?