What kind of headers do you have

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008 | 12:19 AM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: What kind of headers do you have

If you decide to cheap out and go for a Pacesetter header at least get it coated, since they aren't made out of an all stainless construction once the paint burns off you're going to get holes in your headers pretty quick.

As far as my setup: Kooks Long Tubes, 800-ish for them....

Go for Dynatechs, they're coated and almost as good as Kooks, I don't understand why you're still debating on what brand you want to get

Old 03-27-2008 | 01:46 AM
|
4th Gear Member

They are nearly 500 bucks.. thats why.. Id like to get em if they are as good as you say they are. But high school drags are May 2nd and some local ****** bag ricers will be there and i wanna put em down loud proud and fast as hell. right now i still need new brakes new tires possibly a new tranny mount, new exhaust (mines in horrible condition) and i want to finish my intake before i get exhaust. I just cant decide whether to "cheap out" and have a new header back exhaust by may or take care of the other stuff (brakes tire intake etc.) first.

Old 03-28-2008 | 01:16 AM

If it's just the issue of which headers to get that's gonna affect whether you can fully upgrade your brakes, tires, etc... then I'd get everything else taken care of first.

The extra horses from whatever headers you get, be it five of fifty, won't do you much good if your tires are too low-rent to put them to the pavement. Also, whether you win or lose the drag race, you'll need to stop afterwards. I wouldn't want to be worrying about how good my brakes are as the tree's lighting up. If you're putting a question mark on your tranny mounts or any other drivetrain stuff, take care of that too. The only thing worse than losing the race to those "local ******bag ricers" will be giving them the added ammunition of your tranny falling out of your car, or something equally embarrassing.

Old 03-28-2008 | 01:34 AM
|
4th Gear Member

yeah I want to work on things like tires and brakes first personally.. but my dad wants me to make my car pass emissions... which i dont have to do til november... honestly i think ill do my thing and if november rolls around and i havent accomplished anything exhaust wiseill just buy bus passes until i can put the exhaust together.

Old 03-28-2008 | 02:38 AM
2nd Gear member

Coming in late spring 2008.....

Just waitin for taxes. Force fed fabrications LTs for the 3800.

Old 03-28-2008 | 07:48 AM
1st Gear Member

Ive got pacesetter mids with a jet hot coating. and a hooker y pipie. I could give you a sound clip too if you want, its not too loud unless your getting on it which i like, but i the previous owner put it on, so i couldnt tell you the difference in power

Old 03-28-2008 | 12:36 PM
|
4th Gear Member

im going to wait on the headers and when i get my tax return ill use that for em. I was kind of hoping someone had dynatechs so i could get their opinion on em... but looks like ill be the first to get them... until then i need new brakes and tires.. especially since its almost april and still snowing here in washington...

Speaking of tax return i heard that the government is going to be adding money onto tax returns for the economy or something like that.. is this tru? if so what are they adding?

Old 03-28-2008 | 02:22 PM

It is 70 here in GA.

The GOV check will be a seperate check. It will come later in the year if approved.

Bill

Old 03-28-2008 | 05:09 PM
|
4th Gear Member

oh.. i was told if you make over 4K here in washington (which i did) you get 600 bucks... but idk..

Old 03-28-2008 | 10:03 PM
3rd Gear Member

i have stock manifold

Quick Reply: What kind of headers do you have