What do you guys think

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 09:55 AM
1st Gear Member
Default What do you guys think

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-F...ies#vi-content

Is this thing worth buying? Right now I got a bra on her and I figured a black actual front bumper would look better.

What do you guys think? Also how is it price wise?

Old 06-15-2010, 10:50 AM
Overdrive Member

The price is good, I could not find any shipping data so depending on the shipping charges I would say go for it. The bumper really needs to be painted before being used. The primer that is on it is not very resiliant to the weather and sun and will cause the plastic underneath to start to rot.

Massey

Old 06-15-2010, 11:02 AM
1st Gear Member

Free shipping.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

That's a dirt cheap price. And their description says free shipping? That would make it dirt cheaper. Considering the size and the cost to ship, that claim seems strange to me. You might want to clarify the shipping to make sure there isn't a huge hidden cost. And....hopefully it fits well.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:07 PM
1st Gear Member

No hidden cost, just ordered it and it should be here in a couple weeks. I hope I dont have to paint it before I put it on but if I do I guess I will deal with that when it gets here. How much would it cost to paint it? Anyone got an idea?

Old 06-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Overdrive Member

Macco charges $200 to paint bumpers. Now before you all bash me about Macco here me out. The paint products they use is good stuff where they get off cheap is in the prep work. Now this being a brand new bumper and in primer, the job will come out good. If this was painted another color and you wanted them to do the job for you then you would get ****ty work since they will not prep the old finish correctly first. If your car is a solid color then there will not be any need to blend the paint. Also if you do the R&I it could be a little cheaper since they dont have to cover the labor of removing the old and installing the new.

Massey

Last edited by Massey; 06-15-2010 at 04:04 PM. Reason: fixed an oops
Old 06-15-2010, 02:38 PM
1st Gear Member

I dont really have 200 bucks to blow right now. I just finished changing the plugs and have to get new tires. T_T There really no way of just putting it on and not worrying about it? lol

Old 06-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

My local Maaco constantly runs $100 bumper specials.
Two years ago I had an old Vette painted at Maaco. I got the top of the line paint job, and paid for the proper prep work. I even checked in on it to make sure it was being done right. The job turned out excellent. If you get the cheapo paint job from them, you're gonna get cheapo work. There's something to that "getting what you pay for".

Old 06-15-2010, 04:57 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

some of the cheap places for bumpers roll them up for shipping and/or storage so dont be surprised if it takes a while for it to regain its shape after you get it stretched out. you will also have some fitting issues as the aftermarket covers arrr a little different dimensions, i think so it doesnt fall under gm's patent. it will fit but its gona take some work. lucky its not winter so the plastic should be a little softer.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey, let me know how this turns out for you. I was also looking at that to get for my car.

Quick Reply: What do you guys think