VTEC...LOL

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 05:59 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default VTEC...LOL

The other day I was at the used car lot looking to trade my Ram for something more economical. The lot was full of high mileage sporty little imports and SUV's. HE had this 01 Civic EX that was decent. So I took it for a ride, blah blah blah. After I got back I was talking to the sales theif..I mean sales person. I comented on that it rode ok and was sure to be better on gas than my 4X4 gas ****. He started getting all excited and then it came................ ..............IT HAS A VTEC.... All I could picture was Johnny Ricer. I started laughing like hell. Then after he tried to offer me $8500 for my truck, which is an absolute F-in joke, I deceided to leave. Man, I wish Chevy made a VTEC...If I have another child, I've already chosen the name..Baby VTEC...How cute. Perfect description. Small, and full of $#!t.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:56 PM
Ninja Administrator
Default RE: VTEC...LOL

im no handa expert but i dont think the ex had vtec

Old 01-25-2008, 09:52 PM
4th Gear Member

The Vtec isnt a bad idea... its just wasted on honda engines... its like communism.. good idea.. but it wont work with the imperfections of humanbeings.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:41 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

I opened the tuna can of a hood to see the massive power plant everybody raves about. Yes, sure enough, stamped right there on the rocker arm cover was V-TEC... Instant hard on, almost put it through the radiator.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:42 PM
4th Gear Member

some of the V-tecs are pretty decent.. but like spartan said.. to bad it's a honda..

Old 01-26-2008, 10:52 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Chappie99

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

I opened the tuna can of a hood to see the massive power plant everybody raves about. Yes, sure enough, stamped right there on the rocker arm cover was V-TEC... Instant hard on, almost put it through the radiator.
[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

and btw guys, alot of other companys have Vtec. They just dont call it that.

Old 01-27-2008, 03:42 AM
4th Gear Member

Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control. doesnt it mean that it revs higher or the engine spins faster?

Old 01-27-2008, 11:06 AM
3rd Gear Member

The engine reving higer or the engine spinning faster= the same thing.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:22 AM
4th Gear Member

it has something to do with higher rev capability. also has something to do with 3 different power curves.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:50 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Actually, GM was the second to try and use the idea (the first was Fiat) but they didn't bother with it too much because of issues they were having with it. Honda wasn't the first to do it. They were the fourth to put it into a vehicle (the third to use it on an engine, but that was in a bike). They have, however, had the most success with it. Chevy does, by the way, make a few engines with variable valve timing. They've been used the G6, Malibu, Monte Carlo, Impala and some of their smaller SUVs.