value questions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 02:53 PM
1st Gear Member
Default value questions?

i have a 98 3.8lv6. it is completely stock right now. i want to completely pay it off beforei mod it at all. my question is, what kind of things are going to not affect or even better the selling price. i know you dont get your money out of mods when you sell it most times. the car is cleaned inside and out every saturday. i want to keep it in as good shape as i can. what kind of things are you actually gonna maybe get a little back for? i had in mind tinted windows, maybe some chrome wheels...any suggestions? i want to pay this car off, then look for my dream car, a 95 z28! and mod the 95 like i was going to keep it. i just wanted to know because my dad said he will help me soon to get the exhaust system i want on it. im thinking just wait....and pay the car off and sell it. then get the 95 and completely deck it out. thanks for your help in advance.

Old 02-17-2008, 03:30 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: value questions?

I doubt you will get anything back from the mods. Considering your car depreciates every year.Id say the only way would be if you got the parts for next to nothing. I say keep the V6 as a daily driver, and Buy the Z as a weekend car.

Old 02-17-2008, 03:31 PM
Overdrive Member

http://www.wikihow.com/Increase-Your-Car's-Resale-Value

Look at number 4 and look at the tips. These pertain to custom stuff. I was thinking tint, and maybe a new head unit. As for the chrome wheels, I wouldn't go too crazy. Maybe just get some chrome stockers. I wouldn'tdo too much in the way of performance, if you plan on selling it. It kind of depends on the buyer out there as well. Some will pay more for something already custom, others prefer just a stock car. As I've already stated, I wouldn't do a whole lot, as it's hard to get out what you paid in.

Old 02-17-2008, 07:38 PM
1st Gear Member

i have decide just to be happy with what i have and go ahead and do a few things with my car and maybe when i have a little extra money get the z28

Old 02-18-2008, 10:10 AM
Overdrive Member

You'll never get the money you spend on mods out of mods. Save your money for your 95 instead of modding the V6.

Just out of curiosity, why a 95 instead of 95-97?

Old 02-18-2008, 02:30 PM
1st Gear Member

i dunno. i just have always liked 95s even though they are basically the same as the 96 and 97. i dont think i will get enough to have both. so ima just mod my 98....nothing big just windows, wheels, exhaust. stuff like that. the first thing is magnaflows. my dad is paying for em woot woot lol.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:32 PM
1st Gear Member

ps i like your ride. want one like it.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:39 PM
3rd Gear Member

Then when you get your doors blown off by a Z28, Mustang GT or something of similar performance your going to say "damn I should have got the Z like the guys on the forums said to!". Just kidding young grasshopper!! Stay with the 6. If it aint broke don't fix it. Plus the gas and insurance will be cheaper.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:22 PM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: keith_AE2010

i dunno. i just have always liked 95s even though they are basically the same as the 96 and 97. i dont think i will get enough to have both. so ima just mod my 98....nothing big just windows, wheels, exhaust. stuff like that. the first thing is magnaflows. my dad is paying for em woot woot lol.
Interior and emissions stuff is the only real difference. Some early '95's have a weird front cover and opti setup...Anyway, thanks for the compliments, I'm kinda fond of it

Old 02-18-2008, 06:44 PM
2nd Gear member

Yeah, I would agree.
The only way you could keep your car close to what it was worth when you bought it is to keep it really clean looking.
Rims might be going too far though, just don't get to flashy.
It helps to have every documented oil change/tune up, just to prove its in the best working condition.

Quick Reply: value questions?