the v8 z28 2002 plugs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 11:26 PM
1st Gear Member
Question the v8 z28 2002 plugs?

so how can you change passenger side spark plugs your self!!!?????

again i said YOUR SELF!!!!

Old 01-29-2009, 01:42 AM
1st Gear Member

lol no one knows? wow i mean wow lol... ??

Old 01-29-2009, 07:19 AM
4th Gear Member

now you understand why I gave up on long tube headers. Do you have access to a service lift? You're going to get frustrated, you'll cuss, you'll wonder who designed the engine bay, but, after a few hours (yup), you'll be done. But, when you're done, you'll be able to step back, relish in a job well done and say to yourself.......never again.

Don't get me wrong, I like taking the Z out for spins until I finally give it to my son in a few months when he gets his license. But....my next project is going to be a C10 or some pickup truck with a big engine bay and no sloping nose

Old 01-29-2009, 11:46 AM
1st Gear Member
Red face

Originally Posted by torque_is_good
now you understand why I gave up on long tube headers. Do you have access to a service lift? You're going to get frustrated, you'll cuss, you'll wonder who designed the engine bay, but, after a few hours (yup), you'll be done. But, when you're done, you'll be able to step back, relish in a job well done and say to yourself.......never again.

Don't get me wrong, I like taking the Z out for spins until I finally give it to my son in a few months when he gets his license. But....my next project is going to be a C10 or some pickup truck with a big engine bay and no sloping nose
hahahah thanks for answering all my posts m8....

Old 01-29-2009, 01:13 PM
Ninja Administrator

well, yourself needs to call up a buddy and have him reach from the top as you reach from the bottom to get the wrench on those damn things lol. summit sells a special wrench just for us.

but seriously, you guys should all get long tubes, because it makes the spark plug change very easy. and the header bolts are easier to get to than the plugs lol. in fact you could take headers off yourself. so if you are dead set on yourself not calling a buddy, then take the header off and then you can reach them lol

Old 01-29-2009, 02:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SpecterGT260
well, yourself needs to call up a buddy and have him reach from the top as you reach from the bottom to get the wrench on those damn things lol. summit sells a special wrench just for us.

but seriously, you guys should all get long tubes, because it makes the spark plug change very easy. and the header bolts are easier to get to than the plugs lol. in fact you could take headers off yourself. so if you are dead set on yourself not calling a buddy, then take the header off and then you can reach them lol
wait wait wait? long tubes? are like tubes that extend plugs? or something? there such thing?

Old 01-29-2009, 03:29 PM
Ninja Administrator

long tube headers. they give you power and make it much easier to change plugs. I can change all of mine in under 20 minutes now

Old 01-29-2009, 11:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SpecterGT260
long tube headers. they give you power and make it much easier to change plugs. I can change all of mine in under 20 minutes now
any pics what they are?

Old 01-30-2009, 12:30 AM
Ninja Administrator

Name:  P3071516.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  96.0 KB
those are the ones installed on my car.

for the ls1, the exhaust manifold is what causes the problems in plug removal. long tube headers are performance replacements for the manifolds, and as a nice side-effect, they make it easier to reach the plugs.

Old 01-30-2009, 12:33 AM
Ninja Administrator

thats what an uninstalled pair looks like. just exhaust tubes. I have Pacesetter ceramic headers. They fit nicely, were easy (for headers) to install, and ran 500 bucks with a custom ypipe. you could get painted headers cheaper but ceramics are recommended.

but alot of guys have brought their cars in to have plugs changed. do that a few times and you have already paid for your headers and you dont have the extra 30hp that comes with them

Quick Reply: the v8 z28 2002 plugs?