trick flow elbow or strut bar?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 12:58 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default trick flow elbow or strut bar?

just wondering which one would make my car perform better cuz im gonna eventually gonna one of the two or both.

Old 03-02-2008, 04:47 PM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: trick flow elbow or strut bar?

both do about the same.. next to nothing.. but thats only by themselves. You gain little to no horses from the elbow (believe me i have one, its nice but you wont see bigg gains) and i rode in a 95 Mustang GT with a strutbar and it didnt do much intil the guy got a sway bar kit.

Old 03-02-2008, 04:50 PM
4th Gear Member

the bar looks cool until u do other suspention work, and only get the elbow if you have/plan to have a cold air intake...

Old 03-03-2008, 04:13 PM
1st Gear Member

bar

Old 03-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Tech Droid

The bar is very useful if want to remove the engine from the bottom. Unbolt the front suspension, & K member, hook the cherry picker to the strut bar and you can lift the body right off.

Old 03-30-2008, 02:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Do the strut bars even do much on the Camaros? I know they are a necessity on the Fox bodies. If you have lots of other suspension stuff done, I would say go with the strut bar.

The elbow will do more for sound than anything else. I talked to my buddy who owns a Dyno and ONLY works on Camaros and Vettes. He said in his years of experience he has seen 0-1.5 HP gains from an elbow. Who knows? I want to get one just because my stock one is bent on the lip that goes over the TB. Previous owner must have removed and installed incorrectly; now it is permanently bent.

Hmm...Trick Flow elbow...Summit? I can't think of anywhere else cheaper?

Old 03-30-2008, 01:14 PM
4th Gear Member

uh... the elbow doesnt do anything for sound.. if anything it makes it quiter because it removes the donky dong aka "air resonantor".. Like i said i have one and i cant hear it.

Old 03-30-2008, 02:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Definitely doesnt make it quieter Spartan. The resonator is placed to dampen out induction noise. The gains are small if any, but it does look nice.

Old 03-30-2008, 03:13 PM
4th Gear Member

so i suspect that you have a trickflow elbow and know what your talking about? If there is ANY noise difference at all with the elbow alone its NOT noticable in any way shape or form. With a full CAI kit it make stand out but with the elbow alone it wont give u that CAI whistle. Plus it has no obstructions to create a whistle with its completely smooth and sealed up, unless you leave the sensor out u wont hear anything over stock.

Old 03-30-2008, 04:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Sure...well, your "donkey dong" is there to quiet down the air coming in to the TB. I am not quite sure how removing it and placing a smoother trick flow elbow with quiet your intake???

I guess it quiets the motor the same way my K&N CAI "quiets" my motor...lol

Quick Reply: trick flow elbow or strut bar?