Trade offer for my 95 Z28...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 04:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Well, he's supposed to send me more pics at some point. Once he does, I'll have a better idea of what it's worth. I'd like to know what the motor has had done to it for sure. His email to me today: "the nova just so you know at 90 km/hr runs at 4-5000 rpm so i don't drive it faster then that"

That's not going to work for me, long term. I will need an OD tranny or new gears. Oh well, I will update more when the pics come in. Weather was nice here today, got to pick up the kids from school with the top down. I love that. Them, not so much.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:50 PM
In the Staging Lanes

^ hahaha

Old 11-21-2012, 01:46 AM
4th Gear Member

For us not using metric, that's 55 mph @ 4-5k.

And that's cause they're getting their hair all messed up!

Old 11-21-2012, 06:36 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MKCoconuts
And that's cause they're getting their hair all messed up!
Correct! Both are teenage girls...I have to start keeping hair elastics in the car apparently....

Old 11-21-2012, 07:59 AM
2nd Gear member

I wouldnt trade that Nova for your Z28. That particular year is NOT going up in value anytime soon. Thats probably the least desirable body style Nova you can find. The "SS" package on that car amounted to nothing more than badges and an appearance package. If you like handling.. that car wont. If you like styling...that car isnt. If you like heavy... it is. I think when you drive it, you will compare it to your Z28 and be driving the Z28 home.
JMHO

Old 11-21-2012, 09:09 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Randy Bilyea
Well, he's supposed to send me more pics at some point. Once he does, I'll have a better idea of what it's worth. I'd like to know what the motor has had done to it for sure. His email to me today: "the nova just so you know at 90 km/hr runs at 4-5000 rpm so i don't drive it faster then that"

That's not going to work for me, long term. I will need an OD tranny or new gears. Oh well, I will update more when the pics come in. Weather was nice here today, got to pick up the kids from school with the top down. I love that. Them, not so much.
Lol i read that wrong.. i thought you were saying i love the top down, and don't love the kids, i thought you made a funny

Old 11-21-2012, 09:32 PM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2Z's
I wouldnt trade that Nova for your Z28. That particular year is NOT going up in value anytime soon. Thats probably the least desirable body style Nova you can find. The "SS" package on that car amounted to nothing more than badges and an appearance package. If you like handling.. that car wont. If you like styling...that car isnt. If you like heavy... it is. I think when you drive it, you will compare it to your Z28 and be driving the Z28 home.
JMHO
Kinda what I was getting at. Not a very desirable Nova. Kinda like the 1975 Chevelle SS "Laguna" I once owned. Nothing more than badges. Not very deserving of the Chevelle name at all, especially not an SS.

Old 11-22-2012, 06:29 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JakeYeah
Lol i read that wrong.. i thought you were saying i love the top down, and don't love the kids, i thought you made a funny
Ha, yea, I just re-read it, and I guess it could be interpreted that way too.

No, I love the kids, they are just not thrilled with top-down cruises in late November in Canada.

Oddly they think that 8C (47F) and sunny is cold for some reason.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:44 AM

For me 2Z's summed it up perfectly. Good luck

Old 11-22-2012, 08:55 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I forgot they made any SS models after 74. That is when Camaro dropped the Z28. A friend had a 74 SS nova. I kind of liked it. I guess it comes down to what you want. IMO I don't see either car going up in value much in the next 10 year but the Nova should go up as your Camaro will go down. I don't see a lot of guys wishing they had their old 75 Nova again. To a younger guys the "OLD" nova might look cool. To us older guys those where cars we had to drive until we could afford the ones we wanted.

The nice part about the Nova is they are soo easy to work on and that looks in really good shape. Also that will be one of the few "SS" you can upgrade the motor on and it will not hurt the value. You can make anything handle decent and run well Make sure you check the frame real good in the back. GM was trying everything to lighten the car back then, even the full frame cars where rusting the frames out in less than 10 years in some parts of the country.

Last edited by Gorn; 11-22-2012 at 08:58 AM.

Quick Reply: Trade offer for my 95 Z28...