traction control and unknown switch

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 02:43 AM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: traction control and unknown switch

i dont have an asr switch, it must be an option. but youd be surprised how long they used cassette players. If you got the basic camaro/z28 package im pretty sure they came with cassette, but if you got something else and opted for a CD player it came with the bose/monsoon sound system.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Well when your low traction light comes on does the gas pedal go soft on you and does the car cut the throttle or does it just tell you there is low traction? For me the light only comes on when TC is on and when it does it will cut throttle.

Old 01-06-2008, 04:22 PM
4th Gear Member

im not lying... i dont have traction control the ball is in my court when i lose traction and when i go sidewaysi dont lose anything execpt for traction.

Old 01-06-2008, 09:07 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I have a 1993 I have a low trac light. Does that mean it has trac control or is it just tellin me I have low traction too bad?..lol

Old 01-06-2008, 11:56 PM
4th Gear Member

just telling you that you have low traction. My exgf has trac control in her Jetta only it was on ALL the time and it was impossible to drive until the car felt it had enough traction... going up hill was sloooooow.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:09 AM
2nd Gear member

i didnt know that any f-bodys had traction control, my 94 didnt have it, nor did my 97 z and my firebird now doesnt, they all had low traction light but that only lit up when the brakes would lock wheels and the abs kicked in, and i did some crazy burnouts in the Z (6 speed FTW!!) and the light wouldnt come on still. it doesnt come on in the snow when i spinning like hell in the firebird either, i just assumed it was to tell you that the brakes were adjusting to lower traction conditions....

Old 01-07-2008, 02:05 AM
4th Gear Member

Im thinkin it was a 98+ deal. As for the light mine comes on when holding a burn out kuz to do a good long one i had to do a brake stand... and forthat reason its been awhile since ive laid huge rubber.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

My 96 Z28 had traction control. If the tires would start to break free, the traction light would illuminate and the gas pedal would push back up against my foot. From what I remember in the owners manual (makes for some handy reading, by the way), I think the engine was momentarily de-tuned as well. It was more of an annoyance to me, and I would switch it off automatically. Ifit was raining, I would leave it on to prevent my *** end from passing me up! Every time the car is shut off, the system resets it self and you'll have to shut it off again. You can buy a module that will reverse the action; traction control won't be active unless you switch it on.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:59 AM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: qmracer

Well when your low traction light comes on does the gas pedal go soft on you and does the car cut the throttle or does it just tell you there is low traction? For me the light only comes on when TC is on and when it does it will cut throttle.
when i spun in my 3.8, it would come on or flash, but it wouldnt affect gas or anything. think it's just to let you know... as if you didnt already know

Old 01-07-2008, 02:31 PM

95+ had traction control as an option. '93 - '94 do not have it.

Quick Reply: traction control and unknown switch