toyota hit my bonnet did it bend?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 03:57 AM
Default toyota hit my bonnet did it bend?

came back to my parked camaro to be told by a witness that a dman minivan had reversed into the front, and ge had seen the nose pushed down. Now looking at it the number plate is crtacked but I cant work out wether the panel alignment is now off or not,can someone measure the gap between bonnet and front section so Ican work out wether to make an insurance claim. the panels align at the side but the gap I just mentioned seems too large but may be my paranoia.....

Old 01-03-2009, 10:48 AM
Default RE: toyota hit my bonnet did it bend?

Anyone just measure the gap between the nose and bonnet on their camaro for me?. Not many camaros in the UK for me to ask?

Old 01-03-2009, 11:54 AM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: oliverjohn

Anyone just measure the gap between the nose and bonnet on their camaro for me?. Not many camaros in the UK for me to ask?
Heh heh,I think what's throwing people off here is the term bonnet,I am guessing that is what we refer too as the hood?
Year and model of the car might help as well.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Yes, the bonnet is what we call the hood. I just measured and it's about 1/4 of an inch for my '98

Old 01-03-2009, 07:24 PM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BeraniHull

Yes, the bonnet is what we call the hood. I just measured and it's about 1/4 of an inch for my '98
Now then,that may have to be converted from inches into metric for our UK friend.
.25 " = 6.35 mm

Old 01-04-2009, 05:22 AM
1st Gear Member

If I am correct, they use a mix of the English and metric measuring systems. I know for speed, they use MPH, so I figured...if they are using English for speed, they are probably also using it for distance and length. I just wish the entire world went metric. It's so much easier to use.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:02 AM
4th Gear Member

If I am correct, they use a mix of the English and metric measuring systems.
So they're even more screwed up than we are.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:19 AM

Well we just could be....
well I measured it and its 6.5 mm spot on. Can I be a pest and go a bit further and ask someone to also measure the gap between wing mirror and side panel just to be sure. My hood “ends‘ up by the windsheild also sit about 5mm above the panels on either side, this is right? Thanks all and forgive my bonnet mistake, you must have wondered what the hell I was on about!

Old 01-05-2009, 01:32 PM
3rd Gear Member

If I am correct, they use a mix of the English and metric measuring systems. I know for speed, they use MPH, so I figured...if they are using English for speed, they are probably also using it for distance and length. I just wish the entire world went metric. It's so much easier to use.
Dude I lose my train of thought as soon as I see that hottie pulling up her pants!!!!

Old 01-06-2009, 02:27 AM

mmm she neat...

Quick Reply: toyota hit my bonnet did it bend?