too much hop!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 09:22 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club
Default too much hop!

I was out enjoying the sun today, particularly the corners, and I'm sick of the rear end hopping around on the corners. It breaks loose to easy. The tires are still decent, and the shocks are good. I'm curious as to make it stop doing this. Panhard bar? Sway bar? Lowering springs and shocks? What's the cheapest way to end my hopping? Eventually, I'm going to redo all the suspension, front and rear, but I can't afford much right now. I guess I'm looking for the same cornering ability as my corolla had. It would slide on the corners, not shake and rattle the whole car like this thing does.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:08 AM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club
Default RE: too much hop!

i'd try control arms and relocation brackets first, then the panhard bar, then subframe connectors. that's where i'd start anyway

Old 05-20-2008, 05:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Control arms and then panhard is the way I would go. Seems like the side to side from the stock panhard wouldn't complement the control arms much. Then a tranny bracket thing for the torque arm (can't think of the name for the life of me?!). Would subframe connectors make it hug the road that much better? Guess it does make some sense.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:18 PM
2nd Gear member

music go to summit racing.com they have a lot of suspension stuff for your car like the stuff these guys are talking about, even try eckler camaro.com they are a lot cheaper than yearone classic industries. just trying to help, to bad you dont have a old car like mine i would probliy beable to help more but sence you dont i cant sorry but when you get a old camaro i'm your man. lol

Old 05-21-2008, 12:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Replace the dry-rotted bushings.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:50 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

actually, the bushings are in good shape. I'm gonna grab some lower control arms real soon. If I can come up with the money, then I'll buy the kit with LCA's and the panhard bar.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:54 PM
1st Gear Member

you could probably also prevent that with a front strut tower brace as well.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:04 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

A front strut tower brace? The front sticks pretty good, haven't broke loose up there yet. The back, when it does brake loose, hops, and shakes the whole car. I have to re-adjust my mirrors after it happens.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:31 AM
Overdrive Member

Has the car been in a rear-end accident? If so, that could offer some clues...

ORIGINAL: musicman

A front strut tower brace? The front sticks pretty good, haven't broke loose up there yet. The back, when it does brake loose, hops, and shakes the whole car. I have to re-adjust my mirrors after it happens.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:40 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

nope, she's straight as a missile. Never even been bumped by a shopping cart.