tcs, acr, and brake light on

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 09:38 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default tcs, acr, and brake light on

As title says I have all 3 lights on. I cannot turn the traction on or off not it stays off. I replaced the motor last week and it all worked before hand. Is there something that I did that may have cause this? Bad ground somewhere not hooking connector back up. I couldn't find a unplugged connector anywhere! Also this leaves me with no abs!
Any thoughts as to where I can start??
Thanks!

Old 12-05-2012, 10:31 AM
3rd Gear Member

Start with the third brake light bulb(s). Since you replaced the motor, check the front wheel sensor wiring harnesses. Being to close to spark plug wires messes with the signals and can trip the ABS lights too.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Originally Posted by camarojunkie97
I replaced the motor last week and it all worked before hand.
Since you said motor, and not engine (your car's engine isn't a "motor"), I'll figure you're referring to your ABS motor. You have air trapped on the ABS side of the hydraulic system, and you need to activate the ABS motor to get the air out. You might be able to do it by standing on the brake pedal while driving on wet or loose pavement. But with the warning lights being on, the ABS may not activate. Then you'll need to activate the ABS with a scanner (Tech II for example) while you bleed the system. If you don't have the proper scanner, you're going to need to take the car in to get it done.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:11 PM
In the Staging Lanes

My bad Engine, I had a little Autozone scanner but didn't do abs go figure. I didn't unplug any harnesses from anything near that stuff except plug wires, knock sensor and wiring to could. But nothing directly from the abs!

Old 12-05-2012, 08:33 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

need to know what motor,,, engine and year

Old 12-05-2012, 08:37 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Sorry tried updating it through my user-cp but im on mobile right now. Its a 97 z28 with 5.7

Old 12-05-2012, 09:14 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

did you take "it" out the bottom. if you bled the brakes and brake light came on you can reset the brake light by pushing on the brake peddle really hard. if air got in the abs unit then its a spendy trip to the shop to have it done on a special machine.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:00 PM
In the Staging Lanes

No I did not, pulled from the top with a "happy hooker" from tpis. So I didn't not touch braking system at all.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:05 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

wow i almost did it that way. then something got squished or hit. gotta get the light and mirror out and see what you can find. hopfully didnt damage the abs or tc , any signs of damage to them.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:24 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Not a bit, I don't have any power to the abs fuse under hood. Any reason for that? I checked fuse the other day, but finally pulled test light.
Btw I've pulled from top and bottom, prefer top if just engine. Trans will NOT come up with engine. I had to lower it back down and unbolt trans. What a pain, I'll pull off intake tomorrow and do more inspecting.

Quick Reply: tcs, acr, and brake light on