TA's Progress

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 03:06 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: TA's Progress

mine are black with yellow bushings and grease fittings on both ends. does that sound like yours?

Old 03-08-2008, 03:08 PM
Ninja Administrator

iowa city. we got hammered for like 3 weeks straight.

8 inches over night, then warm enough to thaw, then another 6, then thaw, then repeat........... we had 8 inches of solid clear ice at my parents the other day. chipping that off the driveway was alot of fun........ show up for the first time in a month and my mom hands me a shovel [&:]

Old 03-08-2008, 03:11 PM
Ninja Administrator

ORIGINAL: importmd

mine are black with yellow bushings and grease fittings on both ends. does that sound like yours?
pretty much, since the fbody springs sit on the axle instead of the LCA's like my old mustang did the LCA is just a tube. mine had a 3 part bushing, 2 cups on each end and a ball between them to make it solid rubber through the whole end (or poly whatever its made out of) and there were 2 grease fittings, one on each end. have u put in the fittings yet? use a small socket over the fitting and hit the socket with a hammer but dont hit the fitting itself. the socket will put the force down on the base of the fitting.

Old 03-08-2008, 03:15 PM
3rd Gear Member

mine are all put together, i was asking if yours looked liked mine, i just want to know the brand.

Old 03-08-2008, 03:20 PM
Ninja Administrator

they are black with black bushings. im not sure who sells the ones with yellow bushings. i think lakewood might use yellow...

Old 03-08-2008, 03:21 PM
3rd Gear Member

i see, thanks

Old 03-08-2008, 07:48 PM
3rd Gear Member

nice ride man, i like your car too

Old 03-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Ninja Administrator

today I stopped by a buddies house to pick up his valve spring tool (my giant autozone lever wasnt going to work.....) and While i was there he also handed me a really nifty crank bolt tool (its kinda like just a crank bolt, but has a weird shaft thing and another screw for some reason......) but that will help me get that pulley back on, he gave me a tap in case im retarded and warp a thread on the crank, and also gave me the compressor fitting for the spark plug hole so I dont have to do TDC to get the valves off (i still will turn the crank, just incase a seal breaks and the valve drops).

pretty sweet. I have a test thursday and friday morning I leave for Hawaii, but that means thursday afternoon/night I can hopefully get those springs swapped out MORE PICS TO COME!

Old 03-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Overdrive Member

Lookin' good on both fronts man!

And leaving for Hawaii, looks like it's time for me to catch up in post count you post ***** [8D]

Old 04-06-2008, 11:32 PM
Ninja Administrator

whell now.....

my goal was to be drving the TA by this week. However, thunder racing is getting a call tomorrow [>:]

im 2 locks short. i have only 1 valve left to do, and its on the #2 cyl.... just staring at me [:@]and theres nothing I can do. This is annoying. but im calling TR tomorrow and hopefully they can send me out 2 more locks.... unless there is a place around here I can get 2 locks of the same dimensions as the ones taht come with the thunder racing golds.......

Quick Reply: TA's Progress