Supercharged Lt1

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 01:25 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Supercharged Lt1

I have a 96 z28 and im wondering if anyone knows of any good kits for superchargeing the Lt1
Thanks

Old 01-19-2011, 01:35 AM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

it really cant be done

Old 01-19-2011, 06:30 AM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jrgearhead
I have a 96 z28 and im wondering if anyone knows of any good kits for superchargeing the Lt1
Thanks
is your intent that you are looking for an easy to install, bolt on supercharger and and all you will need is a tune after you are done? And, your 15 year old car and it's engine is stout enough to handle forced induction?

we need details

It's like asking: does anyone know where I can find someone to do some home repairs........

Old 01-19-2011, 06:32 AM
4th Gear Member

oh, if you go to the search tab above, and simply type in "supercharger", and to show threads about supercharger, you get 165 hits.

Old 01-19-2011, 01:08 PM
1st Gear Member

supercharger on a lt1, nah man, you'd do just as good with just upgrading your internals, and with bolt ons.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:26 PM
Overdrive Member

There used to be kits but since the car has been out of production for so long that you will be hard pressed to find a bolt in kit. Google or Yahoo Supercharger manufacturers and start E-mailing them to find out.

Also like said above will your old engine handle the extra pressure from the SC?

Massey

Old 01-24-2011, 10:37 AM
In the Staging Lanes

ATi procharger made a kit for that car..
hit me up.. i'll get u some info for it

igtx4life@aol.com

Old 01-24-2011, 10:39 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I just so happen to have a brand new kit for that car and motor, that I never used (still in the box)..lol

Old 01-24-2011, 04:46 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Take a look at STS turbo. http://www.ststurbo.com/
They make a bolt on kit for your car, and it looks like the best one out there to me. Of coarse it is a turbocharger, and not a supercharger.

Old 01-24-2011, 05:14 PM
Overdrive Member

Which ever way you go you will only get moderate gains unless the engine is built to handle what you are going to do. Supercharging and Turbocharging an engine adds stress and requires special setups for each.

First off you want to run lower compression. Yes that is right kids LOWER. You will be forcing air and fuel into the engine already compressed a few PSI more than normal so you will not be able to squeeze it all the same as you used to.
Cams are not the same between TC SC or NA. They are not even close. A NA cam is going to try to maximise the amount of intake vacuum so it can draw more air and fuel in per cycle. This works great for a NA engine.
A SC cam is going to try to allow the exhaust to get out quick while allowing the most time for the intake valve to stay open allowing more air fuel to get in.
A TC cam will try to maximize the exhaust exit velocity to aid in the turning of the impeller in the turbo.
Which ever forced induction system you do you are going to put alot of stress on the crank, rods, and rings. If you have old equipment there that cant handle the workload then you are going to break something. Even NOS is going to stress the lower end of the engine and you should use care in using that as well.

Massey

Quick Reply: Supercharged Lt1