Suggestions on two topics

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 04:20 PM
2nd Gear member
Default Suggestions on two topics

Topic A: Exhaust systems

Its christmas time! and im thinkin of gettin a new exhaust, im not really looking for power as much as for sound but thats always nice too, i hate the typical slap a flowmaster on it mentality around here so what should i do?

i was thinking a cat back system, maybe magnaflow? they seem cheaper than the rest but i hear they sound ****ty, suggestions?

Topic B: Carpeting

Since my car will be garaged this winter, im redoin my interior!

im good at this kind of crap i just am curious whether it would be cheaper and easier to just buy a kit, or custom make and cut my own carpet

and on a side note, can you paint things like the glove box? mine has some wear on it and just looks nasty, and its not black ;]

Old 11-22-2010, 05:46 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

exhaust - i have a flowmaster cat back and i think it sound really good for a sixxxer ive also heard bad things about flowmaster

carpeting - id suggest the "kit" its pressed to fit your floor and will look much better than just a piece of carpet

glove box - you can paint your entire interior just make sure you get a paint for vinyl because it needs to flex

Old 11-22-2010, 06:03 PM
2nd Gear member

My Z has Flowmaster catback exhaust from the previous owner. I like it. It's all in the sound you're looking for, check out youtube clips to see what brand/setup of exhaust you like best.
As for painting interior, it's all in the prep work. Make sure to clean and prep thoroughly, and of course use the correct type of paint.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:11 PM
2nd Gear member

Strip the interior. if you want. ive always loved the functional style, rather than luxuries... like im not gunne strip my 96 camaro, cuz its too nice, i got the factory red on black interior ("Then why the hell did you recommend it, melloyello?") but in the future i would get a 3rd gen firebird/'maro, strip the upholstery, strip interior, get racing buckets, sheet metal door panels, racing wheel, full cage, 5pt harnesses, the whole shebang.
and for exhaust, if only you could fab up a flowmaster 40 series... my favourite exhaust..

and by the by, in your signature, whats the "stop the epidemic" and no monster hat thing mean?

Old 11-22-2010, 06:17 PM
2nd Gear member

hmmm, my interior has gone to hell though, well somewhat

its that nasty gray, and its all stained especially in the back due to the previous owner, its not ripped but its like gross idk how to explain

and its referring to all the kids you see with the sideways fox/monster hat, with monster/fox/dc stickers all over there cars, they irritate me

especially the ones that dont actually do any extreme sports crap, its like putting a supercharged sticker and wearing a shirt that says my cars supercharged, and driving a non supercharged car

plus not to sound like a nonconformist ******, but every wannabe cool kid wears them

...i should start selling hats...

Old 11-22-2010, 06:26 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

i have a DC sticker on my car... but i skate

Old 11-22-2010, 06:38 PM
2nd Gear member

lol well thats alright then (:

as long as you dont have 2 and a shocker symbol on your back bumper

i just need to make a list of ****** things

Old 11-22-2010, 06:53 PM
2nd Gear member

ya F that 'monster' crap.. it tastes like crap too.. those brands, are kinda a 'hey look at me' factor.. they only put them huge stickers and wear the clothes cuz the colours and logos are cool. along with any othre energy drink logo that gets played out by all theye kids and teens... if you go out to the parking lot here at WyoTech appartment housing, you could count on all your fingers and toes along with your families and 2nd cousin's fingers and toes of how many cars have DC, monster, Rockstar, amp, TAPOUT, fox, etc stickers

the ones that stick out to me are a black with red pinstrip accents Subaru WRX with a big red DC sticker on the back.. go figure.. and a lifted white F150 with a huge TAPOUT sticker on the tailgate.. its the size of the whole tailgate.. he is a Le' ******

Old 11-22-2010, 07:00 PM
2nd Gear member

ahh i forgot all about tapout

worst of them all, a majority of people who have these stickers will want to fight you if eat at the same fast food place as them

and you should check out a high school parking lot, youd die

allot of them like monster etc. because of Subaru, if you ever talk to any of them youll hear OMGZZ KEN BLOCK MONSTER SUBARU IS THE FREAKIN FASTEST BESTEST CAR EVER OFFROAD OMZGZGZGZG SO LEGIITTTTTT

i hate the word legit used out of context as well ha

Old 11-22-2010, 07:29 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Phalen123
ahh i forgot all about tapout

worst of them all, a majority of people who have these stickers will want to fight you if eat at the same fast food place as them

and you should check out a high school parking lot, youd die

allot of them like monster etc. because of Subaru, if you ever talk to any of them youll hear OMGZZ KEN BLOCK MONSTER SUBARU IS THE FREAKIN FASTEST BESTEST CAR EVER OFFROAD OMZGZGZGZG SO LEGIITTTTTT

i hate the word legit used out of context as well ha
First off, i would like to apologize to all moderators for going off-topic but,

They think Ken Block is the best because he is the only rally racer they know of..

Quick Reply: Suggestions on two topics