Subwoofer Back seat?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 02:26 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Subwoofer Back seat?

Is it possible to put the a set of subs in the backseat instead of the trunk? bwhat I am trying to do is make the "cockpit" of the camaro sound the best that it possibly can I would think that if you move the subs closer you will be able to hear it better.

So is moving the subs to the backseat the best way for better and more "focused" sound?

Old 06-19-2010, 02:36 PM
1st Gear Member

focused sound is really what I am looking for I know people told me about that dyna mat stuff

Old 06-19-2010, 02:47 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

ive had subs in both the trunk and the backseat now bc i have a conv with the top down i can barely hear the subs in the trunk but they sound great in the backseat but i cant leave my top down when i go places soooo i dont think im gunna run subs but with the coupe id say the trunk with a ported box would be the best bet hatchbacks have the best possible sound quality

Old 06-19-2010, 03:30 PM

i have a custom box build for a camaro trunk and it actually points the subs towards the front. And it holds 2 12 inch L7 solobaric kickers that are 1500 watts rms used twice before i got rid of the car and i am selling this set for 500 subs retail for 800 for the pair and the box is 250..i have picks if intrested..

Old 06-19-2010, 03:40 PM
September 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Yea the box that sits in the well in the back of the Camaro points the subs just right so all the sound bounces off the hatch window and goes forward. And no worries, the window wont break. Thats your best bet. My friend has a Firebird with subs right there and they sound great. Also if you're going to be running powerful subs, I'd recommend dynamat. It'll take most of the vibration out of the panels of the car and make it sound cleaner...

Last edited by Chaotic94; 06-19-2010 at 03:43 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:07 PM

Kickers SOlobaric are square and it cuts out most of the vibration barely any at all, i am just trying to sell the set together because the subs are in the original boxes and i have the custom box sitting waiting to be sold

Old 06-21-2010, 06:47 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

Originally Posted by mscardino23
Kickers SOlobaric are square and it cuts out most of the vibration barely any at all, i am just trying to sell the set together because the subs are in the original boxes and i have the custom box sitting waiting to be sold
the L7 isn't square to reduce vibrations (and if your talking about the vibrations of the car you were seriously under-powering the most amazing speaker ever built, ive seen 2 12inch L7s vibrate bumpers right off cars and blow out sunroofs) without vibrations the subs wouldn't make noise there square to make them stronger and be able to handle the 3 inches if stretch these speakers are capable of if the L7 was round it would shred the cone almost instantly because of the warping that would occur

Last edited by BasicConcepts; 06-21-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BasicConcepts
vibrate bumpers right off cars and blow out sunroofsr

this is why im good with the stock bose package it still vibrates the mirrors sounds good and wont shake everything in my car loose

but you are right on with the L7 explanation those things are insane

Old 06-22-2010, 12:15 AM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

i love them but would never put them in my camaro shes too nice to rattle loose unless i went thru her and tightened every bolt

Old 06-22-2010, 01:35 AM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

i think this is what the camaro needs lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cewac...eature=related

Quick Reply: Subwoofer Back seat?