Sub Box

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 05:36 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Sub Box

And thanks for the link I may try that some other time but there is no way I am paying over 300 for all that stuff.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:08 PM

I can't get to your attachment, but....subs should always go in an "enclosed" type of space for better sound. The trunk is ideal. Why not put them in there? I put 2 10" boxed subs in my son's 95 camaro - fit neatly right in the trunk - makes for much better bass response. Putting them on the rear "deck" seems unconventional and...as others have said..makes them very obvious for anyone looking to rip you off.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:13 PM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mdunn

I can't get to your attachment, but....subs should always go in an "enclosed" type of space for better sound. The trunk is ideal. Why not put them in there? I put 2 10" boxed subs in my son's 95 camaro - fit neatly right in the trunk - makes for much better bass response. Putting them on the rear "deck" seems unconventional and...as others have said..makes them very obvious for anyone looking to rip you off.
that actually depends, a ported subwoofer box, is actually best in open area, which is why alot of jeep/convertable owners use those. ported boxes can also get much louder, and maintain clearity (louder does NOT mean more thump/bass), but a ported box cant handle as many watts as a closed box can. i prefer closed boxes, and closed boxes are best for beginners anyway. it's simplicity at it's best, can basically stick any sub in any closed box, with right wattage and it'll be fine.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:33 PM
4th Gear Member

ive got a closed box for my 12 and it BUMPS and issoooo loud and remains alot of clarity, i threw it down in my trunk. My entire car shakes.. its killer lol.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:04 PM

Heres a idea. Now i dont really know how the t-tops fit in the trunk but, they make single sub boxes that fit in the cut out on the left and right side of your trunk still leaving you with the lager hole in the middle.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:41 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I agree with sparten and 96enko! I would just put the t tops in the back seat or in the space behind your seat....thats what I did. Unless you have 5% window tent??

Old 01-19-2008, 11:39 PM
4th Gear Member

i dont have T-tops so idk where they would go but that stealth kit would clean things up nicely, its worth it imo.

Old 01-25-2008, 05:42 PM
1st Gear Member

ive got my subs in the same place as your, i didnt personally do it, it came like that when i bought it. i think its cool but im scared that sombody may bash out my window and steal them(im kind of paranoid) but yeah like you said, i dont feel comfortable either with just putting them where my t tops go and putting the t tops in the back seat in the summer