Sub Box

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 07:19 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Sub Box

Anyone mount their subs on the rear deck(I don't know what it is actually called)of their car. I have them down where the t-tops go for the winter but I want to be able to take them out and have them secured come summer time. I drew up a design in CAD but don't know if I will be able to transfer the picture properly. If anyone wants the file who also has CAD I would be more than happy to give it to them.

Old 01-05-2008, 07:33 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Sub Box

I think I got the picture those dimensions are 6.75, 4, and 39 inches by the way incase you can't se them well. The box would also be 14 inches from front to back and is made for a 9x10 amp and 2 10inch subs.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Well i know nobody responded but I figured I would show you all what i came up with anyway. It is the first picture. All of the wires are hidden neatly behind the rear seat where you cant see them. And the whole box can come out in a few minutes because I have external plugs for everything on the box. I will get better pics once the snow melts. http://www.xanga.com/camaroz2899

Old 01-17-2008, 06:55 PM
3rd Gear Member

only problem with it being on the reardeck, is that people will beable to see it. The sun also dries out speakers. And when people who see it, and people want it, people take it. Along with your rear window.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:01 PM
1st Gear Member

I know which is why I am currently working on a cover of some sort to make it look like a pile of ****.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:26 PM
4th Gear Member

i would leave where T-tops are and put T-tops in back seat - what i did. other than that, on deck will work, limo tint your window =)

Old 01-17-2008, 07:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah the back window is legal to tint right? Must be a pin to do a window that big with that shape though. And would the defrosters cause the tint to peel or anything?

Old 01-17-2008, 09:08 PM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: qmracer

Yeah the back window is legal to tint right? Must be a pin to do a window that big with that shape though. And would the defrosters cause the tint to peel or anything?
get it professionally done, and it didnt effect mine, i did have a couple of bleach spots in mine from sun though.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:46 AM
4th Gear Member

uh.. dont you have a little flap that covers the trunk hole? Ive just got my big ole 12in and sub in my trunk and then i close the flap and when i close my hatch you cant see in my trunk.. idk where you guys are talking about mounting this (that hump behind the rear seat?)

check this out. saves space and tucks everything in nice: http://www.subthump.com/acamarostealth.htm

Old 01-18-2008, 05:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Click on the link for the picture in like my 3rd post it shows where it actually is and the whole reason I built the box is so it didn't go in the hole so I can have good sound AND the t-tops out at the same time. I am not comfortable putting them in the back seat, and I drive other people a lot.