stupid door!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 11:26 AM
3rd Gear Member
Default stupid door!!

well today, i was taking a movie back, got out the car dropped the movie off and went back to my car and tried to open it, but the **** wouldnt open, luckily i had the window down though and i was able to get in, so i go home, took the door panel off and the outside hinge came off, i have no clue how but it did, so i took a screw driver and was able to manuever it back into place and ta da, it works, but then i dropped my freakin screwe driver inside the door...wtf, i cant see it and i dont know how to get it out.... so how the hell am i suppose to get in there and get the screw driver out, or am i just gonna have to live with a screw driver clanking around in my door

Old 08-13-2007, 12:32 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: stupid door!!

Try using a strong telescopic magnet

Old 08-13-2007, 12:41 PM
3rd Gear Member

well, i finally got it out using a coat hanger, but the door hinge keeps coming off, every time i shut the door, it comes off, idk wat to do..

Old 08-13-2007, 01:01 PM
3rd Gear Member

Sorry I can't offer you any advise but that was a funny story. Ha!

Old 08-13-2007, 03:13 PM
3rd Gear Member

lol, i was lauging too for a lil bit, then it just got more frustrating, well the deal now is, no the door wont open at all inside or outside, friend says i need a new striker assembly, or somethin like that, but for now im rollin dukes of hazzard if i need to go anywhere...its either the window or the other side of the car...shes just breaking down all of a sudden...e-brake also like pops back sometimes when u pull it up, it just goes all the way to the top and gets really loose and makes a loud popping sound

Old 08-13-2007, 04:19 PM
Tech Droid

I don't quite understand the hinge problem. Is the hinge coming apart at the pin, or coming loose from the door or coming loose from the car body? If it is coming loose from the door or body, you need to bolt it back in tight or get some oversize bolts. If the pin is broken, you need a new hinge. The striker assembly is where the door lock is, and a new won't do much good if the hinges are broken.

Old 08-13-2007, 04:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Would have been funier if you got arrested for trying to steal your car. But that would be frustrating. I would have the screw driver in the door, that way if the car was stolen it would be easier to identify. I don;t get the it though. Did the pin break or the striker? Did you get in the right car???????

Old 08-13-2007, 06:39 PM
3rd Gear Member

well, its not the striker, then pin came or w\e its called came off of the door handle itself, and now the inside one is working now (knock on wood) so i can open it from the inside...but you shoulda seen me at the mall today, climbin in and out of the car, people were like wtf...

Old 08-14-2007, 01:56 AM
2nd Gear member

Lol, see that would not surprise me if i saw you doing that haha!!!, i know exactly what your dealing with so id be like, yeah i feel ya man

Old 08-14-2007, 08:10 AM
3rd Gear Member

haha, well i was able to fix it temporally, i used some sort of clamp and that gooey crap thats used to seal that plastic up inside the door

Quick Reply: stupid door!!