Sos!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Tech Droid

Definition for tugging

•  
    • - pull sharply at somebody or something: to pull at or drag somebody or something with a sharp forceful movement
  •  
    • - tow ship: to tow a ship with a tugboat
  •  
    • - make laborious effort: to work hard or struggle to do something

Encarta World English Dictionary

According to the definition, any car involved in tugging can be expected to struggle, especially if trying to tow a ship.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:50 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Alright people haha. I have an Automatic 99 RS (RALLY RED). There are no lights that come on. And for the brakes I had to put one of the old brakes back on and when i come to a stop it still jolts. So i pretty much already know that my rotors are warped and that im just going to buy some new ones. But thats not what im worried about this time. The tugging im talking about is like when its trying to switch gears it catches and yesterday I had a really hard tug and it feels like its just about to bottom out. My brother said I should probably get a tune (replace the sparkplugs, wires, and all that good stuff)

Old 12-12-2009, 11:02 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

so its bogging down like something is holding the wheels from turning? or like its running out of fuel?

Old 12-12-2009, 11:03 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

New plugs and wires might not hurt, if it's never been done, and especially on Rally Red cars!
Your engine could be hesitating, but by your description, it's really hard to tell from here what it's doing.
Btw, did I win anything? I did miss the RS part though.

Old 12-12-2009, 11:10 AM
1st Gear Member

IceTrey, be patient, These guys are the best help and most experienced ones on the forum, just explain eveything clearly so they can help you.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:15 PM
In the Staging Lanes

It just feels like its getting stuck in between gear switching. I wish I just had a damn manual and wouldnt have to worry about this stuff haha