Someone PLEASE help me figure out this problem.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 07:23 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Someone PLEASE help me figure out this problem.

I've posted this before last year, but didn't get anywhere with solutions. Problem still occurred so I finally gave up. But, as of late, it's starting to **** me off again.

Rewind to last March. A few months after I purchased the Camaro. Ran awesome until March when I noticed in overdrive that the car will gently buck/hesitate/sputter when gently pressing the gas. Once you give it more gas it goes away and picks up speed. As you gently press the gas when it sputters, there is a weird "burp/gurgle" noise that sounds like its coming from the rear driver's side. (I can't promise that but sure sounds like it) It'll only do that for a second, but almost does it every time you gently press the gas pedal. It'll also do it sometimes in Drive. It won't do it in idle while giving it gas, so I can't really pinpoint the location of where it's coming. It's either my exhaust or something to do with the fuel tank/pump area. Which brings me to the code I got at Autozone a few weeks ago . . .

Troubleshooting P1441

Definition
EVAP system flow during non-purge condition

Explanation
ECM has detected vacuum flow to the Fuel Tank Pressure (FTP) sensor during a system sealed condition

Probable Cause
Failed Canister Purge Solenoid
Failed Fuel Tank Pressure (FTP) sensor

I changed the Canister Purge Solenoid. Didn't fix anything, had the code removed and came back on a few days later. Basically waste of money. Autozone said the FTP sensor might be a dealership part. I can't find anything online to buy the part. Would that part cause all of this?

I read online and someone mentioned that changing the Throttle Position Sensor helped someone who had a similar problem. So, I thought why not? I replaced that, took it for a drive and was happy that the burp noise and sputter in OD was gone. Well, that lasted for a week and a 1/2. It came back. So, since I had a lifetime warranty on the TPS sensor, I replaced it hoping it just went bad or was faulty. Well, no luck. Problem still occurs to this day. It really can't be anything major cause in a year's time, it still runs and nothing broke on it, yet. It eliminates the people who said my fuel pump was dying, or transmission is slipping, or overdrive is going out.

What else should I do? Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? After a year, I'm determined to finally figure out what has been causing this.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:29 PM
1st Gear Member

When it's bucking/sputtering, the RPM stick doesn't jump around, it just stays still and the speedometer raises normally. But, not going fast as it should. Like it's trying to gasp for power/fuel/air. Idk?

If that helps anything.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:31 PM
1st Gear Member

And another thing, when I had the plugs & wires & fuel filter changed a while back, it solved the problem to for a while but it came back.

When I had my clogged catalytic converter last summer, it went away after I changed it. But it came back as well.

It's extremely weird.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:34 PM
1st Gear Member

No one?

Old 04-13-2012, 11:20 AM
1st Gear Member

:/

Old 04-13-2012, 11:48 AM
4th Gear Member

Kinda sounds like what mine used to do. If I was going up a hill in OD, the car would shake instead of kick down like it should. I could give it more throttle and it'd kick down and go away or I could manually shift into D and it'd stop. I did a flush and fill on the transmission and I haven't had it do it since.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:51 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

me again, should try to keep the issue in one thread. look here there is some tests to make sure the solonoid is working. look at number 8 https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02...62/#post557634 there are some links in there as well. i do think the pressure switch part number i gave you in the other thread is correct.

Old 04-14-2012, 04:03 PM
1st Gear Member

I replaced the gas cap today, took it for a drive and the noise coming from the rear went away and I haven't felt the jerking yet in OD. *knocks on wood*