Sold the SS!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 07:06 AM
Third Generation Moderator
March 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Default Sold the SS!

Finally got rid of the thing. It was a great car but I needed the money more than I needed a second Camaro.

Got $8300 for it- not nearly as much as I'd hoped when I put it up for sale, but given the number of responses I'd had, prolly about the best I could expect :/

Now I just need to get myself another $1000 beater so I have something to drive once there is snow on the ground in a few months.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:49 AM
4th Gear Member

there is another option

why live where all of that nasty, yucky white stuff and salt is on the ground and deal with freezing off your cajones

we drive our cars all year here and we left a spot on the beach for you

congrats on the sale

Old 07-10-2012, 04:46 PM
March 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by torque_is_good
there is another option

why live where all of that nasty, yucky white stuff and salt is on the ground and deal with freezing off your cajones

congrats on the sale
Well, for starters, in Canada it's possible to get a job. :V

Plus winter gives me an excuse to buy and drive all those cars I liked from the 80s that are now $1000 beaters. I was lookin' at Fieros on Kijiji yesterday, for instance. And it gives me time to upgrade and modify the IROC without having to worry about getting to work the next day :V

Old 07-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

a fireo would make a horrible winter beater. its rear engine, rear wheel drive, no abs, no power steering, an all around horrible snow car.

Old 07-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Originally Posted by BasicConcepts
a fireo would make a horrible winter beater. its rear engine, rear wheel drive, no abs, no power steering, an all around horrible snow car.
It's horrible only if you want to make turns with it! lol

Old 07-10-2012, 09:31 PM
March 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I actually prefer rear-wheel drive in snow. With winter tires for traction, RWD handles more intuitively to me than FWD. And of course it really helps when the driver is able to instinctively take the correct action when something goes wrong. :V

Still working out the details, but it looks like I might be renting my mom's '09 Crown Victoria for the winter. The idea is $1000 for 6 months, plus cost of insurance. I figure it's actually a better option since, for example, my Buick lasted 8 months and then left me stuck at the side of the road. This way, if anything goes wrong, it's covered under warranty. I don't have to pay for routine maintenance since she bought the FMPP along with the car. It helps her out since the money will help pay her car loan down a bit faster. And it helps me out since I co-signed her car loan. Win win :v

Also lol, talking about driving in the snow while it's 31C (88F) outside.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:57 AM
Default Love it!

Originally Posted by torque_is_good
there is another option

congrats on the sale
My wife and I finally got tired of winters in the Northeast (Pennsylvania/New Jersey) and moved to Lake Havasu, Arizona. I discovered a huge community of hot-rodders here! Year-round cruising and it only rains about 5 days a year. It gets incredibly hot in the summer, but everyone just gets up with the sun and finishes outdoor activities by around 10am or so, and then they go inside or go to the lake and play in the water. This place is awesome! I don't care if I never ever see snow again!!!

BTW, congrats on the sale. I, too, just sold my 2002 SS Camaro. Got the local Chevy dealer to take it off me for 10 grand a couple of weeks ago, after running ads for it asking 14 and not getting any responses. Then a few days ago, I get a call out of the blue asking if it's still available and an offer of $12.5K. Ah, well... at least I have some money to invest in my new projects: a 96 Z-28 and a 78 Z-28!

Old 07-16-2012, 02:10 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Saint Ebony
I actually prefer rear-wheel drive in snow. With winter tires for traction, RWD handles more intuitively to me than FWD. And of course it really helps when the driver is able to instinctively take the correct action when something goes wrong. :V

Still working out the details, but it looks like I might be renting my mom's '09 Crown Victoria for the winter. The idea is $1000 for 6 months, plus cost of insurance. I figure it's actually a better option since, for example, my Buick lasted 8 months and then left me stuck at the side of the road. This way, if anything goes wrong, it's covered under warranty. I don't have to pay for routine maintenance since she bought the FMPP along with the car. It helps her out since the money will help pay her car loan down a bit faster. And it helps me out since I co-signed her car loan. Win win :v

Also lol, talking about driving in the snow while it's 31C (88F) outside.
RWD rocks in the snow. It's a lot of fun as long as you have the room to enjoy it.