Snapped my fuel lines =(

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 05:41 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Snapped my fuel lines =(

While replacing my fuel pressure regulator. They seemed very brittle.

anyone know a part number or eBay link? Im talking about the three plastic lines that go from the engine down into the fender.

Old 07-06-2017, 06:43 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Hopefully someone else will have some info.

You may have to take it to a parts store and have them made. Its pretty common for their to be a gap between when the OEM drops production and aftermarket kicks in.

A few years back I did a Tahoe, when I went to the shop to get the lines made the guy made the mistake of leaving the hose making kit on the counter. I quick internet search found I could buy the whole kit for less then he wanted for the 2 hoses and a youtube video showed me how to do it

Old 07-06-2017, 07:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gorn
Hopefully someone else will have some info.

You may have to take it to a parts store and have them made. Its pretty common for their to be a gap between when the OEM drops production and aftermarket kicks in.

A few years back I did a Tahoe, when I went to the shop to get the lines made the guy made the mistake of leaving the hose making kit on the counter. I quick internet search found I could buy the whole kit for less then he wanted for the 2 hoses and a youtube video showed me how to do it
haha good to know.

hmm I can see this is going to cause me some grief. Could i buy braided lines and connect them up some how? Im just not sure how i will connect the replacement line up to the fuel pressure regulator metal tube.

not particularly bothered by cost, just want a simple solution!

Old 07-06-2017, 05:26 PM
1st Gear Member

I've decided i'd like to go with braided lines, If I measure the correct sizing and buy the lines, then all I need to understand is how I go about connecting the lines - It sounds like i'll need to flare them on both sides? Anyone got any tips/vids on how this works?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Old 07-06-2017, 06:47 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

you can find used on ebabe. also can get new aftermarket repair kits but i dont know how the fit is. http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sh...line-1995.html

https://www.carpartsdiscount.com/cat...html?3594=2168

Last edited by craby; 07-06-2017 at 06:52 PM.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:20 PM
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by grasshopper645
I've decided i'd like to go with braided lines, If I measure the correct sizing and buy the lines, then all I need to understand is how I go about connecting the lines - It sounds like i'll need to flare them on both sides? Anyone got any tips/vids on how this works?

Any help greatly appreciated!
Braided hoses covers a lot of different hoses. The braiding is just a protective cover over the liner. Just because it is braided does not mean its rated as a fuel line. You will need to find a braided hose manufacture that has fuel pressure ratings above our cars and has GM ends or you need to convert to a standard fitting like -6 AN. This could invole some drilling and tapping of the fuel rails. Just be sure the hose is rated as Fuel injection fuel line.

The biggest issue with braided hoses is you can not inspect the hose liner for damage or cracking. Most manufactures suggest changing them 6-8 years.

This is the kit I bought. I got lucky at the time there was a NAPA version of the same kit and Napa had them on clearance for $89.
https://jet.com/product/detail/b27fc...f-1010551822f9

Old 07-07-2017, 08:39 PM
2nd Gear member

Or you could use "hard"l(aluminum or steel) and make your own.Or have them made.

Old 07-08-2017, 05:07 AM
1st Gear Member

OK thanks guys.

One more question - if i use standard good quality rubber fuel lines, is it sufficient for me to clamp the lines to the metal part - using good quality steel clamps? or is this likely to cause leaks?

If the answer is 'no', how do i connect rubber lines to the metal connectors on the rail etc? Cheers!

Old 07-08-2017, 06:39 AM
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

As a general rule, No. Basic fuel lines and clamps are designed for older cars and under 10 PSI of fuel pressure. Your line needs to be able to handle the max pressure the pump can out put if a line get plug which is about twice working pressure. About 100 PSI. I know Camaro's are rare over there but these should be standard GM fittings. Someone should have the kit needed to make you hoses.

Keep in mind 100 PSI of gas can make one heck show if the hose breaks/pops off and something ignites it. This is not the place to cut corners or try to get fancy with custom work unless you really know what you are doing.

The reason the factory has plastic lines is because the engine moves. Hard lines are not an option to replace these hoses.

Last edited by Gorn; 07-08-2017 at 06:45 AM.
Old 07-08-2017, 08:55 AM
2nd Gear member

Rubber line can`t handle the pressure. Thats why you need to run braided line and or hard line with the proper fittings.

Quick Reply: Snapped my fuel lines =(