SLP LOUDMOUTH EXHAUST?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 12:11 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default SLP LOUDMOUTH EXHAUST?

hey guys im interested in buying a nice new exhaust system for my car. Im thinkin SLP loudmouth with the 3.5 slash tips. is this a good choice? and what would be the best headers to go with these let me know ... thankss

tom

Old 04-24-2007, 12:53 AM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: SLP LOUDMOUTH EXHAUST?

Most people choose they're exhaust system based on sound. Check out www.ls1sounds.com and listen to some clips and decide which one you like best. As far as headers to go along with it, Long Tubes are always nice, but you have to get a whole new Y pipe to go along with them, it all really depends on budgeting...How much are you looking to spend overall and do you need to keep emissions legal?

Old 04-25-2007, 10:45 PM
In the Staging Lanes

yea i've been on that sight before and i here sum sick sounding lm and some pretty ****ty ones, as far as emissions go it really doesnt matter im just lookin for that beautiful american muscle sound. Is there a better exhuast out there ?

Old 04-25-2007, 10:47 PM
In the Staging Lanes

and my budget is around anywhere i mean i would love to speend at most 500 but i migth be able to go higher. Now its 500 just for the cat back and headers will come a little later on unless i find like a good package with exhaust headers and y pipe

Old 04-26-2007, 02:23 AM
Overdrive Member

I'll give you my personal take on the LM exhaust. I personally don't like the way it sounds, it's not deep enough for me, the resonator they use makes it sound almost ricer-esque. With that being said, I think the Edelbrock system sounds pretty nice from videos i've seen, in person I can really only account for my car, which has no muffler and a set of Hooker resonator tips on it. I love the sound of my car. A decent set of headers is over $500 alone, so save up some $$$ and then decide. My take on headers, I'd never trade my Kooks for anything...but they're expensive. On the other hand, my ground clearance is barely less than stock because of the quality in the headers, they have a perfect fit.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:30 AM
2nd Gear member

slp loudmouth is a very nice sounding exhaust thats wat i got! so loud i got a ticket i think its the perfect american muscle sound and i dont even have headers yet! 377.90 on ebay and thats shipped to urdoor, cheapest u will get it anywhere! go on ebay stores an type in new era performance thats where i buy alota stuff from fast an cheap!

Old 04-26-2007, 05:13 AM
Overdrive Member

i was gonna get slp loudmouth but it would be too obnoxiously loud with headers and a y-pipe

Old 04-27-2007, 12:18 AM
In the Staging Lanes

yea i can see what your sayin ill let you know what i decidesoonthanks for all the replys guys.......

Old 04-30-2007, 01:58 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I have slp lm2. It uses a bullet muffler instead of the normal resonator. I went wththe 2.5 dual tips because everone has the 3in single tip. i wanted a different look. I have never had anyone tell me that they did not like the sound.I wouldnt get the lm1 because i heard it has a bad ricey sound around 1500rpm.For the money i spent it sounds great. As for the headers i think i am going bbk shorties because they have a good price www.summitacing.com. Then i was thinking catco y pipe with cats. just my opinion.

Old 05-01-2007, 12:02 AM
In the Staging Lanes

but is their really a big difference between the lm2 and the lm1 liek i deff want to be loud but i deff dont want to sound liek a dam tuner

Quick Reply: SLP LOUDMOUTH EXHAUST?