Should I buy this Camaro SS?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 10:17 PM

somethin aint right bout that price with that low of miles i agree it sounds fishy

Old 08-28-2010, 10:24 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

most definitely not legal.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:37 PM
2nd Gear member

If it sounds similar to the one you posted, is it running long-tubes? And if so, aren't they illegal for street use in Cali? I thought I read on another forum where LTHs aren't emissions-approved there.

Old 08-28-2010, 11:45 PM

the car is decent, paint is ok, but that's the only thing though. I can pass smog ;D but the only thing I don't like is if the check engine light is on or not. I have an OBDII reader should I take it wit me?

Old 08-29-2010, 03:52 AM
3rd Gear Member

Take the reader with you DUH! thats why you have it. As for cal smog laws they are a *****. Alot of smog shops dont even touch non oem intake cars, because it is hard alot of shady people own shops and if your in good with them will pass the visual no matter what if you slip em something. They still need to pass sniffer.

Old 08-30-2010, 01:27 PM

The craigslist ad expired did you end up getting it? I didnt see miles or price. My camaro has the cat still but my friend took his out and has a direct pipe. They wont approve it right away but they sent him to a traffic station to have it looked at and he got through. If anything you can just put one in. If that's the only problem I say go for it! just make sure theres no leaks and runs well

Old 08-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Overdrive Member

I dont know why people still take the cats off the cars. They dont rob all that much power any more, yes they used to but not so much today. I know they are not cheap but if you own a car like that why not spend a few extra $$$ on it to keep it nice. If the car seems like a good deal, runs good, does not have any other codes that could cost alot then go for it, get a new cat and a couple of o2 sensors and call it a day and be happy driving it. Or wait and keep looking for one that has not been hacked.

Massey

Old 08-30-2010, 07:39 PM

the car has 35k

I'm taking my mechanic friend tomorrow to check out car...if everything checks out I will buy it. Keep you guys posted.