Selling the maro unfortunately

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 06:44 AM
2nd Gear member
Default Selling the maro unfortunately

Well title says it all, I gotta sell the car or I have no car in college, I'm hoping I can get at least 5 k put of it, its always been garaged, rarely driven hard, new paint etc etc

I plan on owning another maro likely after I graduate college, hopefully a black 98-02 ss (: there's one a kid around here has that I've been eyeing/drooling over cause its the best done maro I've ever seen lol, basically this won't be my last but as for now I've had fun with the car and is like someone else to have just as much fun as I did

My parents say I have to get a car that's decent in the snow and I refuse to have another suv, I'm thinkin Audi tt quatro(:

Old 04-18-2011, 09:17 AM
2nd Gear member

That sucks. Could look at getting a Subaru with AWD too.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:43 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

bummer. lol,,, have you tried studed snow tires. i would think any smaller car would handle ok in the snow with the right tires. could try a blazer like dr's bomber.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:31 AM
1st Gear Member

how bad is the snow were u live Phalen? In MI its pretty bad cuz I love off the lake so lake effect gets pretty heavy and alot of people drive camaros (not I tho). although if do sell and Audi isnt a bad pick

Old 04-18-2011, 10:40 AM
2nd Gear member

I would never drive a subaru lol, is drive a riced honda before a subaru or any mustang excluding saleens lol, plus there expensive for anything nice

And the snow is typical Indiana snow but is be highway driving is the main reason i wouldn't drive the camaro, 3 hours on the highway in the snow in a 93 camaro would not be fun, and the other big reason is my mother is hyper paranoid about it

Any suggestions for good awd cars under 10000ish?

Old 04-18-2011, 10:48 AM
2nd Gear member

I also forgot to mention the maro has never seen snow, I always had a jeep as well but it is going to my sister or else is just drive that

Old 04-18-2011, 11:21 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Phalen123
I would never drive a subaru lol, is drive a riced honda before a subaru or any mustang excluding saleens lol
Now that is just effin' dumb.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:18 PM
Overdrive Member

I drove both my Camaros in the snow, and found that they dont handle much different than any other vehicle I have driven in the snow. The 2002 Durango I used to have was the best snow driver I have ever owned. The Camaro will do better with snow tires, and like everything else you just have to drive careful, plan ahead and go slow.

Why would you commute 3 hours a day to go to school? Get a dorm and come home on the weekends, keep the camaro and buy a cheap econobox for the bad weather.

Massey

Old 04-18-2011, 01:17 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Massey

Why would you commute 3 hours a day to go to school? Get a dorm and come home on the weekends, keep the camaro and buy a cheap econobox for the bad weather.

Massey
because housing and meal plans are what really drive up the costs at state universities.

Try having 3 in college at the same time. Kids need to quickly learn the definition of RA as well as used books.

Old 04-18-2011, 02:29 PM
Overdrive Member

I have had to work through my college days 2x now. Little to no help from Mom and Dad the first time and NO help the second time.

Massey

Quick Reply: Selling the maro unfortunately