selling the maro?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 08:40 PM
2nd Gear member
Default selling the maro?

so i keep getting problem after problem with my car, its old and needs a lot of TLC and since im about a year away from college, i cant keep being bothered with it.... i love the car but i think atleast a car from this century would be a little bit more reliable...
NADA has my car at $7,650 and im sure if i go privately i can get a little more for the new engine etc...
i was looking around and how does this car sound http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...&cardist=0

and i still am seriously thinking about the busa.. but idk people on this fourm have kinda gotten my nerves a little edgy on the bike.... even though i do good with stress and takign on challenges...

do you guys think it would be wise to sell the camaro? Gas isnt as bad as i thought it would be, im only paying $4.11 a gallon, and its been pretty steady... and there are several less than that and gas is suppose to go down a little bit later this summer i think after going up a bit.... and also would i do better selling it privately with the mods to entice buyers or shouldi return it to stock and sell the performance parts?

Old 05-27-2008, 08:49 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: selling the maro?

Miles are high Nos It probably got the s**t beaten out of it.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:06 PM
3rd Gear Member

im gettin sick of all the **** with my car too

Old 05-27-2008, 09:48 PM
3rd Gear Member

youre not going to get that for your car, and if you want a car with out issues dont buy a moded car. habe you ever owned a bike? i busa is not a first timers bike. what would you do with a 9 second bike?

Old 05-27-2008, 10:54 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: importmd

youre not going to get that for your car, and if you want a car with out issues dont buy a moded car. habe you ever owned a bike? i busa is not a first timers bike. what would you do with a 9 second bike?
idk i've seen a couple 96-97 z28s go for $6-9k out here...

well my mom owned a bike but she never learned how to drive it..so i only got to ride on it a few times when her ex bf drove me... but it wasnt a japanese bike it was just a harley ***** type (you know the kind old old folks drive)..

well idk id most likely just drive it...

Old 05-28-2008, 01:50 AM
Overdrive Member

You want to sell your Camaro to buy a Mustang...get out of my forum

Seriously though, every car needs maintenance and every car has it's issues, it's part of owning a vehicle. Take Import's advice, don't get a Busa for your first bike. If you're seriously looking to sell your car look at something that has no mods, or very very little, like cat back or intake. It's best to assume that cars that are already performance modified have had the hell beaten out of them. Although this may not always be true, it's better to pass a car up that could be good, than to get smacked for something that isn't good.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:31 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL:
well my mom owned a bike but she never learned how to drive it..so i only got to ride on it a few times when her ex bf drove me... but it wasnt a japanese bike it was just a harley ***** type (you know the kind old old folks drive)..
I've seen plenty of Harley bikes hold their own to the rockets...

Old 05-29-2008, 01:40 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: bidicamaro

ORIGINAL:
I've seen plenty of Harley bikes hold their own to the rockets...
oh yeah i know, harleys arent bad, i was just referring to ours it was an Ultraclassic Electroglide... [&:]

Old 05-29-2008, 02:45 PM
4th Gear Member

Yeah... This is something you should have considered $7000 and an enginerebuild or w/eago.