safe oil additives

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 09:33 PM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: safe oil additives

ORIGINAL: bluovlh8er

you guys are being way to hard on spartan. who cares about what question he has.

x2..

so what, he's just a little stubborn..
and if you take the time to resay everything you've already said, then maybe you shouldnt repost?
besides, theres a bunch of people who just sit at this website and do nothing. so it gives them something to do, like rack up the post count[8D]

Old 02-22-2008, 11:12 PM
4th Gear Member

x2..

and if you take the time to resay everything you've already said, then maybe you shouldnt repost?
besides, theres a bunch of people who just sit at this website and do nothing. so it gives them something to do, like rack up the post count[8D]

[/quote]

i know. they just sit on here trying to get on the top 10 post board.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:20 PM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bluovlh8er
ORIGINAL: ninetysixyenko

x2..

i know. they just sit on here trying to get on the top 10 post board.
fixed. lol.. and yea, who the hell does that!?

Old 02-22-2008, 11:32 PM
4th Gear Member

i wish i could take apart my engine and just go thru it, learn it, live it all that good stuff.. problem is my car is my one and only with out it im lost... thats why i ask questions if i think/feel ANYTHING is wrong i flip out.. (in the past it was unreliable.. $3000 kinda helped that) But thanks for accepting my apologies and offering to help me.. yes im young, yes im learning but i dont want to be an annoyance and i dont want to make anyone mad.. i am alil hot headed at times and if i feel offended ill let you know.. thats how i am in person too... and i tend to take things too far but when i really realize ive gone to far (if its not too late) i have no problem apologizing and trying to make amends.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:25 AM
4th Gear Member

dont worry spartan, ovlh8er has ur back.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:57 AM
2nd Gear member

Wow you two should get a room haha

Old 02-23-2008, 12:13 PM
Dominos Puck
New Formula! Now with 10% more Win!

Maybe I don't visit the forum enough but I, myself, am not aware of anything spartan has done or asked that is offensive or a waste of time.

Reading this thread has made me a little worried because now I'm thinking that some of the stuff I have asked is annoying people. I've asked some pretty nooby and lame stuff. I always google first, but I know what spartan is saying. Sometimes what I find while googling stuff are explanations where the person is talking over my head, because they aren't talking to ME - they're more likely talking to a more experienced crowd.

I usually haven't hesitated to ask stuff though, because everytime I post a question that I didn't find the answer to when searching, I'm contributing to CF's library of questions and answers. That way, when someone comes to CF and searches, they'll have a better chance of finding some useful info.

One other thing- sometimes I feel embarrassed when asking dumb car questions because (no offense) a lot of the car people I've talked to often have an insulting way of answering questions (as spartan was mentioning). Young car guys usually want to flaunt how much they know and make you feel bad for not knowing what they know (it's not just car guys, though. Computer guys are the same way, young male musicians too. I think it might be a primal "alpha male" thing or something). But I usually try to suck up the embarrassment, because a question I ask today is a question I won't have to ask tomorrow - and it's better to learn when I'm young, while I still have an excuse for not knowing much.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:28 PM
Ninja Administrator

nobody should hesitate to ask questions. an we have all posted noob questions from time to time. even I have a "should I TT or SC" thread back at MF.com [>:] not proud of that one.......

If it were me and I didnt want to actually tear off the oil pan and the valve covers I would just start changing my oil every 1500-2000 miles instead of 3. by no means will this fix everything but over time you can reduce some of the buildup. the only real way to fix this though is to get in there and scrub it out.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:49 PM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

nobody should hesitate to ask questions. an we have all posted noob questions from time to time. even I have a "should I TT or SC" thread back at MF.com [>:] not proud of that one.......

If it were me and I didnt want to actually tear off the oil pan and the valve covers I would just start changing my oil every 1500-2000 miles instead of 3. by no means will this fix everything but over time you can reduce some of the buildup. the only real way to fix this though is to get in there and scrub it out.
aww shizz!! you asked that!? i dont think i ever asked that. lol, i remember thinking about a Procharger, but i factored in everything before i asked. but then went to a 4.2 stroker. also remember asking about a Turbo for ION, and i would have done that, until i learned the e85 is a untunable ECM[>:].

ima have to make fun of you now![8D]

Old 02-23-2008, 12:50 PM
Ninja Administrator

in my defense I had over $3k sitting there and was seriously looking at procharger, but then i had more financial responsibility thrust upon me (started paying for insurance on my own) and that kinda went poopoo

Quick Reply: safe oil additives