safe oil additives

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 05:27 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: safe oil additives

What i dont under stand is he says hes taking a class to learn about cars? do you have a teach? do you ask him questions? alot of the things you ask here should be covered at school, what do you do in your class? do you ever bring in your car and have your teach look at it? hes there to teach you. you should be asking more questions in class and getting hands on experience, not making all these random threads that keep going in circles. Forums are not always your best source to get your questions answerd.

Old 02-22-2008, 05:31 PM
4th Gear Member

ok JD i see where your coming from, i didnt realize my frequent questions were bothing people and ill do some research before I ask. I only ask because usually when i find info on the internet its like advertisement so idk what to believe and i figure if other people have the same car as me they might have an answer or experience.

M*******, i think we got off on the wrong foot and theres been some animosity between us ever since.. im sorry if ive stepped on your and anyone elses toes.. I just get alil frustrated by the sarcastic remarks because believe it or not i really dont know as much as id like to and if i could id tap all the info you guys have and learn from it.. its when advice turns into insult that i tend not to listen.

I listen to advice, i really do. My enginewas in pretty bad shape when i got it and i dont have that much knowledge about my engine as i did my slowstangs. Ive learned alot since i started andif my advice isnt 100% because i get things mixed up or backwards because i cant quite remember what i was told.

Old 02-22-2008, 05:35 PM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: importmd

What i dont under stand is he says hes taking a class to learn about cars? do you have a teach? do you ask him questions? alot of the things you ask here should be covered at school, what do you do in your class? do you ever bring in your car and have your teach look at it? hes there to teach you. you should be asking more questions in class and getting hands on experience, not making all these random threads that keep going in circles. Forums are not always your best source to get your questions answerd.
Right now were learning engine disassembly, inspection and reassembly. We got a crappy little PT cruiser engine that were working on right now. We cant bring our own cars in yet because were still learning the little stuff, once we get past what were doing now we should be able to work on our cars as long as it pertains to what were learning.

Old 02-22-2008, 05:36 PM
2nd Gear member

DamnSpartan that is a fresh, and welcome,change of attitude. Thanks for the apology and I will be here to help you out with whatever advice I can.

Old 02-22-2008, 05:52 PM
3rd Gear Member

Ah the spirit of youth!!! Guys we were all young once (most of us still are!) and like Spartan we asked questions that may seem to go no where and try to do it the easy way and get pissed because we get impatient easily. That's how we learn and you've just seen he realized he may have said something wrong. He's growing up in front of our eyes (weep). Spartan continue to ask what you like I'm listening and I'll try to help anyway I can but remember these forums are monitored and I'd hate to see you get banned for something like this.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:22 PM
4th Gear Member

There is no way I am going to ban anyone for this type of thing. I just don't want the cussing. Yes we all to start somplace and learn. This is thepart that bothers me (and this not directed at Spartan, but to todays youth in general). When I was younger and just starting out in all this car stuff, we did not have sites like this. I had to read magazines and pretty much learn by doing, I WISH I had a resource like the internet back then. It really frustates me when I see people just ask instead of trying to find the answer themselves first. You learn so much better when you do the leg work yourself. I encourage you to ask questions, but also educate yourself as well. read magazines and engine building books etc.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:29 PM
Tech Droid

It makes no difference what engine is being used to learn on, they all use the same principles, and you can transfer the basic knowledge from a carburated 4 banger to a 4-turbo V16 stationary. Once you have the basic knowledge, you can figure out the different details between engines.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:33 PM
3rd Gear Member

wow, this went from jerry springer to Dr. phil, you guys should kiss.[:'(]

Old 02-22-2008, 07:40 PM
2nd Gear member

the kid humbled himself- you've gotta ease up on him after that

Old 02-22-2008, 08:01 PM
3rd Gear Member

I know, i didnt mean it in a bad way, just ment it went from a all out fight, swearing, talks of banning, to everyone saying their sorry, and now every one are friends again. sorry.

Quick Reply: safe oil additives