safe oil additives

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 05:40 PM
4th Gear Member
Default safe oil additives

Ok so since that Engine Restore crap made my engine run like **** what are some safe oil additives that will lubricate and get rid of build up? I used seafoam after the 1st oil change i had with the car and i didnt experience this type of problem. Would seafoam be good? Any others i hear good things about Lucas Oil and that stuff that Caroll Shelby endorses/uses but i cant remember its name.

Old 02-21-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Droid
Default RE: safe oil additives

What build up are you talking about? Have you looked into the engine?
If the oil was changed regularly there should be no sludge build up on top of the heads, or varnish build up on the bottom of the oil pan. Using chemicals to dissolve that stuff and having it pumped out throughout the engine can cause small oil passages to clog and cause engine damage. The chemicals also reduce the lubricity of the engine oil and cause extra wear.
If you really need to clean that stuff off, remove the valve covers, temporarily plug the oilreturn passages, and flush the sludge out with carburetor cleaner. This createsa mess but protects the engine. After the deed is done spray the top of the heads with WD40 to provide temporary lubrication until the engine oil starts to circulate. Remove the oil pan andspray the inside with oven cleaner, scrub it nice & clean with steel wool, rinse it out with hot water, spray it with oil, and button everything back up.
Now you will have a nice clean engine that still won't run any better than before you cleaned it, because the damage had already been done.

Old 02-21-2008, 07:55 PM
2nd Gear member

+1 Spartanjust read the other info I posted all the answers to these questions are in there

Old 02-21-2008, 07:59 PM
Tech Droid

I don't think he wants to read, he just wants to pour in can of magic engine repair. LOL

Old 02-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Overdrive Member

Pete, you mean something like this...

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...15aed3ba1b8971

Old 02-21-2008, 09:47 PM
2nd Gear member

This stuff really works! It did take a few minutes to work in, you know, while it’s making that nutcracker breaking walnuts noise. I think it even lubricated the electrical wiring! My temp gauge used to only go about half way now it goes right to the end!
I think it might have over lubricated my oil pressure gauge though- That one doesn’t move anymore.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:17 AM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: z28pete

I don't think he wants to read, he just wants to pour in can of magic engine repair. LOL
That's what he always wants.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:48 AM
2nd Gear member

Seriously I have tried- but I am done answering this kid's inane questions. When you takeyour valuabletime to actually answer them with information, throughly and with care- he doesnt even READ what you found for him! Then he comes back and makes a new thread about the same thingwe already answeredforhim on TWOother threads. The only thing Ifind annoyingabout Camaroforums.com is having to constantlyread and correctSpartan's stupid stupid posts.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:07 AM
Ninja Administrator

Spartan, ur problem isnt ur additive. I followed ur other thread too and it was a little ridiculous. ur problem there was that, not only did you not follow the instructions given by us, but u didnt even follow the instructions of the additive!

EVERY additive, even the magical and glorious seafoam, instructs you to change the oil almost immediately after you use it. and from what I saw in the other thread you had been letting that crap circulate in ur engine for awhile. and then u wonder why its running like crap [>:]

Old 02-22-2008, 12:38 PM
4th Gear Member

no see i dont read what you guys write becuase most of you are *******s when you write your ****... No where on the bottle does it say change oil after use. I followed the directions carefully. It said add to engine oil anduse Engine Restore at every oil change. Idki guess i just figured that an engine like mine could use some extra protection.. but i guessits just fine asit is..i dont need to add anything and thats fine..Listen i dont need your guys crap, imerely askedif there was a safe additiveopposed to "snake oils" obviously not and obviously you feltlike telling me that byinsulting me.. so thats cool if thats how you want to play then **** you guys.

Quick Reply: safe oil additives