Rims from other cars

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 05:47 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Rims from other cars

Ive already been doing some searching around the forum, and I looked through all the FAQs and stuff but can't find any info here on what I am looking for specifically. If this is a reposted question, ill apologize now.

What I am wondering is are there other GM vehicles that use the same bolt pattern that I could get rims off from. I have steal wheels with the crappy fake alloy looking caps from GM and would just like to get some type of alloy on there cheaply. The idea came to me when I was looking at some rims on a trashed out bonneville (not snowflakes, five spokes), and while they wouldn't look the greatest they would look a damn sight better than hub caps.

So what other cars can rims be swapped from if any?

Thanks

Old 04-27-2011, 06:39 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I believe I found an answer to my question. If anyone else needs a rim question here is a link.

Chevrolet/GMC wheel bolt patterns - Mechanical Database

Old 04-27-2011, 08:14 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

gotta get the offset right as well.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:50 PM
Tech Droid

As Craby said, get wheels with the proper offset, otherwise tires may rub against the inside of the wheel housing, and the front end geometry can get thrown off resulting in poor handling.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:14 PM
Overdrive Member

The only ones I know of that are a direct bolt on with no mods are the Firebird and FB variants, and the Corvette. Just remember some Corvette wheels are so wide that you need to use spacers.

Massey

Old 04-27-2011, 11:23 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Yeah Im just gonna look around for some old firebird or ss rims, they come up every now and then for decent money on craigslist.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:44 AM
Overdrive Member

you could also try this www.oewheelsllc.com and get a tire and wheel package for good prices. These guys supply GM with wheels for corvettes after GM stops producing the wheels. I have a set and so does buffalo and both are great quality good looking rims.

Massey

Old 04-28-2011, 02:43 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Wow thanks Massey, I was looking at places like WheelFire and the prices were kinda out there for me, but OEMWheelistic actually looks pretty reasonable, maybe I will go that direction instead, Im thinking Black rims since the car is white (unfortunate) thoughts?

Old 04-30-2011, 09:41 AM
1st Gear Member

Massey,

Are the tires that come with the packages on here good tires?

Old 04-30-2011, 10:05 AM
Overdrive Member

I have had these rims and tires now for about a month and a half and so far they have been great. My car handles good with them and the wet condition driving has been pretty good. Alot better than the tires I had before. How long will they last? I am not sure yet. I dont drive my car hard so mine should last a while. These are performance tires even tho they are in the economy class so the compound will be softer than, say an all weather tire so if you drive them hard you will get less life out of them.

Massey

Quick Reply: Rims from other cars