A Ricer will Not own these streets

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 07:24 PM
1st Gear Member

well after actually seeing how fast my car is a v8 has to freakin crazy!!! ive never driven one. my dad did when my sis was looking into buying a firebird he told me never to drive one unless i was serious about buying one. he said ill never wanna drive my 6er again

Old 06-20-2010, 07:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by KissMyTush
What all does that guy have done to that GLI?

sorry i missed ur question he only has a cai on it

Old 06-20-2010, 08:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vandee
well after actually seeing how fast my car is a v8 has to freakin crazy!!! ive never driven one. my dad did when my sis was looking into buying a firebird he told me never to drive one unless i was serious about buying one. he said ill never wanna drive my 6er again
altho he may be right, i was seriously looking into straight up tradeing this guy for his formula, for my sixxer. He wanted mine so he can still cruse around town without dumping cash in the tank. When i went to test drive it ( granted it had 130000 miles and no exhast from the cat back) i was not impressed at all with it. maybe it was just the way the car was treated idk but i kept my lil v6 instead of trading. but like ive been saying for a while- to each, his own.
im glad you have a new respect for your car, thats awsome.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:29 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by tripwire1124
altho he may be right, i was seriously looking into straight up tradeing this guy for his formula, for my sixxer. He wanted mine so he can still cruse around town without dumping cash in the tank. When i went to test drive it ( granted it had 130000 miles and no exhast from the cat back) i was not impressed at all with it. maybe it was just the way the car was treated idk but i kept my lil v6 instead of trading. but like ive been saying for a while- to each, his own.
im glad you have a new respect for your car, thats awsome.
Dude, were did you get that hood! It looks sick!

Old 06-20-2010, 11:31 PM
2nd Gear member

sorry i missed ur question he only has a cai on it
If he only has a can on it a Z28 should take him no problem! As long as the driver knows how to drive decently.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:37 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by cbr600rx7
LS1 cars with both the 4L60 and T56 can get 21+ MPG if you keep your foot out of it. The LT1 cars with the T56 also get pretty good gas mileage just not sure on the numbers.
I can get 30MPG cruising at 90MPH in my 99 Z28 6 Speed. I did 200 miles(from Austin, TX to Rockwall, TX) in 2 hours and only used 6.5 gallons of gas. I was cruising between 80-90MPH the whole way down I-35 and 635 and I stopped at the Rockwall TA Truck stop to and fill back up(I wish I could've had a picture taken of my face after I calculated my gas mileage Lol). I filled up in Austin before I hit I-35. I was really shocked! If I am cruising under 75MPH my gas mileage goes down a little bit. I would guess around 24-26MPG(somewhere in there), but it I can stay on or between 80-90MPH I get 30MPG. I love my Z!

Old 06-21-2010, 12:08 AM
1st Gear Member

If he only has a can on it a Z28 should take him no problem! As long as the driver knows how to drive decently.
sorry i meant cold air intake and i beat him with my v6 it was pretty sweet im still pumped about it

and WTF that gas mileage is insane

Old 06-21-2010, 01:44 AM
2nd Gear member
Cool

sorry i meant cold air intake and i beat him with my v6 it was pretty sweet im still pumped about it

and WTF that gas mileage is insane
Awesome dude! I would be pumped to! I love Camaros!

And yeah tell me about it! I was surprised as hell when I read my calculator. I re-calculated it 3 times, and re-check my trip odometer each time! I do alot of Highway driving for college because I live 40 miles from my college so I was really happy with that. I just couldn't believe that I was getting the same gas mileage as my civic, with a/c, radio, faster speed, better sound, and more fun! My civic gets 30 MPG, but it has no a/c, is slower, very loud(obnoxious), and isn't even close to as fun as my camaro! The civic was my first lil "sports" car. It has a full motor/tranny swap and stuff. I thought I was some hot **** in that car. When I drove my camaro home, I realized how bad it really was Lol! I drove the civic a couple days ago(after a month straight of just driving the camaro), and all I could do was laugh! But yeah know, ya live and you learn right lol! But yeah I'm glad you showed that dude what a real car is! If you wanted my opinion on what to get, I would suggest a Z dude. I love the rumble and just the drivability of the V8! It's a blast to drive!

Old 06-21-2010, 03:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Dude, were did you get that hood! It looks sick!

thanks man i got it off ebay....cant remember what seller it was but it was a pretty good buy. fast shipper too.

Old 06-21-2010, 03:06 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by tripwire1124
thanks man i got it off ebay....cant remember what seller it was but it was a pretty good buy. fast shipper too.
What did you search for? Camaro Shaker hood?

Quick Reply: A Ricer will Not own these streets