Recently stolen, nowhere else to turn

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 11:28 AM
4th Gear Member

about the gps units some insurance companys have them but they also track how you drive ,its about the size of mini amp ,an one would want the one with internal battery that can last for days after its stolen ,its my thoughtto put in the hardest spot to find ,,some new cars have them built in or as an option,anyone can install in in the car ,if in doubt have a tech place do it ,the pros have the tools to know if a car has the gps in it ,they would leave it alone more then likely move to one that does not have it ,your every day car thief would not know its there

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 03-15-2016 at 11:32 AM.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:23 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Assuming the Vats system was in tack its mostly likely not a joy rider. A pro car thief can make pretty quick work of a Vats system but with the price of these car dropping I can not imagine a pro going after it. I would guess it was a hook and go. With tech designed for repo men the car can be grabbed in about a minute.

I wish you all the luck in the world but your car will be parted and chassis cut up with your LS1 6 speed will be in a hot rod by spring. The demand for LSX-6 speeds is so high I have been seeing parted out SS online with clean titles and no engine/transmission/PCMs. Which means people are buying running cars for the drive lines. Which would mean a complete under 100k LS1 6 speed can put 3-4k in a thief pocked. You would be amazed how little they can get for a complete stollen car.

Last edited by Gorn; 03-15-2016 at 12:27 PM.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by craby
man what a heart breaker. hopefully its a dummy and gets caught right away.
Ha ha! One can only hope, thanks!

Old 03-16-2016, 12:27 PM
4th Gear Member

?did you have comp on the car ,

Old 03-16-2016, 09:36 PM

Yes, but not Haggerty.

Old 03-19-2016, 05:27 PM
2nd Gear member

i have recently got my stuff stolen from my car. It was my mechanic..... My question to you is did you make anyone you know mad or argument? I would start there, its always people you never suspect.

Old 03-20-2016, 11:36 AM
4th Gear Member

He lives in a part of cal that people from out of town like to pray on ,its a nice place but when it gets dark they come in from the hoods basically every now an then an there is a lot of places like that in cal that the hoods are not far from desent places ,it happens hear too people break into houses though they come from Manchester or other citys ussally about an hour away or more ,if they get away without anyone seeing them, geting them is slim to none,if they live close to highway ,its even easyer just gone probley by now sad its probley been parted out bye now ,the thing to look for is the car with no engine or trany the slp products ,seen alot of those on ebay an CL ,some guys sell the engines an the car itself is for sale with as a roller ,been checking craigs list but it hard to find torrence ,an would hear any place within few hours for a parts car ,some may try to sell the whole car an use vin from another car ,

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 03-23-2016 at 11:26 AM.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by warmeck
i have recently got my stuff stolen from my car. It was my mechanic..... My question to you is did you make anyone you know mad or argument? I would start there, its always people you never suspect.
Interesting theory, but not anyone I can think of. I would even suspect acquaintance of a not so close friend not necessarily angry with me.

Old 03-22-2016, 09:37 PM

Yup, the interstate is just a 1.5 miles away and we are close to the main blvd here in Torrance. Gone without a trace as of this writing.

Old 03-23-2016, 11:30 AM
4th Gear Member

ya that makes is hard for anyone with a nice car well now you know hope you are able to replace it with what you want or had ,an then put one of those gps units in it ,like said I had to put cameras in my car from 3 hit runs in 2 years that an stickers it stopped,an now also its in a garage too,another thing to have is the house kinda cam that points out to the car an would have seen with night vision for $200.00 you can buy both ,I have cam that's pointed at my driveway works good to about 75 feet with lights on too,i need to get a better one for lights off

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 03-23-2016 at 11:42 AM.

Quick Reply: Recently stolen, nowhere else to turn